HIV/AIDS Specialist (Adolescents), P-4, NYHQ, #53181
New York City (United States of America) | Washington D.C.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
The Programme Specialist position supports regional and country level efforts to operationalize the UNICEF Strategic Plan results on HIV and adolescents guided by the new HIV strategic directions, UNAIDS Fast-Track strategy, and the Three Frees Super-Fast-Track Framework. In this context, the incumbent supports global knowledge leadership, evidence generation and normative guidance development, and provides regional and country offices with support to inform scale-up of context-relevant high impact strategies to improve HIV results and achieve equity in adolescents.
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
1. Work in collaboration with regional offices, UN, bilateral and IATT partners including youth networks to providesupport to countries to:
2. Knowledge leadership and management of UNICEF support to the introduction and scale up of Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis for adolescents
3. Partnership engagement and capacity strengthening to improve focus and quality of HIV response foradolescents
4. Strengthen organizational capacity and support for effective technical response to adolescents key populationsand HIV:
5. Knowledge management and programmatic reporting
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
*A relevant first-level university degree (Bachelor's), in combination with 2 years of additional relevant work experience, may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
To view our competency framework, please click here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=501521
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: New York City (United States of America) | Washington D.C.
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Public Health and Health Service
- Project and Programme Management
- HIV and AIDS
- Closing Date: 2016-12-13