Administration Officer P3
Sana’a | Yemen
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking to fill the Administration Officer at the P3 level, based in our Country Office in Sana’a, Yemen.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the general supervision of the Head of Administration, the Administration Officer shall perform the following duties:
- Develop and implement WFP regional/country plans, including administrative processes, aligned with regional and wider WFP strategies and policies to facilitate efficient and effective administration services.
- Develop annual plans, contribute to longer term strategies and improvements to policies, systems and procedures to ensure services provided support WFP strategic objectives and are in compliance with corporate policies, standards, regulations and processes.
- Manage and/or carry out complex data analysis to provide management and clients with the accurate information and reports for efficient planning and decision-making.
- Manage the existing resources in the area of responsibility (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) and estimate new requirements aiming at efficiency, cost-effectiveness and timeliness of operations and services.
- Facilitate the compliance of the services provided (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) with the corporate Occupational Safety and Health Policy and provide recommendations to the management on any improvements/changes, when required.
- Promote a culture of environmental sustainability throughout WFP by role modelling actions that drive sustainability in all administrative activities.
- Manage and motivate a multicultural team(s), provide coaching, training and guidance as required to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance.
- Build productive partnerships with WFP stakeholders, other UN agencies and local government offices.
- Strengthen the capacity of WFP staff and partners through the delivery of trainings, workshops, daily interaction, etc. for efficient and effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Contribute to preparedness actions such as risk analysis, and contingency planning, monitoring the management of risks and reporting on actions taken.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Advanced University degree in Business/Public Administration, Engineering, or other relevant field relating to office management and administration, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
Language: Fluency in oral and written English with an intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages). Ability to professionally communicate in the duty station language (Arabic) is a strong asset.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- At least 5 years of experience in progressively responsible administration positions in a similar capacity;
- At least 2 years of international experience – either in a similar, international organization or working internationally, of which at least 1 year of experience must be gained through working in an insecure and complex location;
- Proven track record of successful customer service approach when responding to counterparts – both internal and external;
- Extensive experience with contract and asset management;
- Experience managing multi-functional, culturally diverse teams of staff;
- Supportive role leading projects and implementing strategic vision into functional policies;
- Experience with UN accommodation management in emergency environments, is an asset;
- Experience with light fleet management, is an asset.
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- In-depth knowledge of internal controls and proper accounting procedures and systems to recommend improvements where necessary to address current weaknesses, mitigate risks to mission-critical WFP operations and maximise client satisfaction.
- Oversees staffing resources at the programme level, taking resource usage trends and forecasting data into account.
- Applies expert knowledge of administration best practice, concepts and principles and advanced understanding of WFP standards, processes and infrastructure to manage optimisation across the entire organisation, and to drive technological and process improvements which position WFP as a pioneer in administrative services.
- Proactively monitors performance and delivers high quality service to meet the needs of customers, requesting customer feedback and taking ownership of customer problems that arise. Pre-empts needs of customers based on experience.
- Knowledge and experience with UN procedures and practices.
- Desirable – knowledge and/or experience in collaborating with Occupational Health and Safety projects.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year and eligible for the Rest and Recuperation (R&R) scheme. He/she will be required to travel abroad sometime to remote and difficult locations.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance. For more details please visit icsc.un.org
Step 1: Register and create your online CV.
Step 2: Click on "View Vacancy" to read the position requirements and "Apply" to submit your application.
NOTE: Applicants will have to register and create on-line CVs to be able to apply. Hard copies of CVs or applications through e-mails will not be accepted. Please ensure that your application contains accurate and complete information.
- Organization: WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Sana’a | Yemen
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-12-16