Grants Manager - HR - Jordan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Country Office Background
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)established its presence in Jordan in November 2012 in response to the conflict in Syria and resulting refugee influx. NRC Jordan currently employs over 450 national staff and is one of the largest INGOs in the country. In 2016 the Country Office continues to focus on provision of protection, assistance and access to essential services for vulnerable Syrian refugees in formal camps and host communities. NRC strives to combine its programmatic activities with evidenced-based advocacy work focused on policy change and strong external communications and media engagement. The Country Office also works to ensure safe and integrated programming ensuring protection is effectively mainstreamed across all programming.
NRC is currently seeking a qualified Grants Manager to provide essential grant management support to the Head of Programme in delivering quality programmes in line with the NRC Country Strategy, PCM and Plan of Action.
- The Grant Manager’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Lead the process for developing Concept Notes, Proposals and Reports in collaboration with CC Specialists and PMs.
- Document, analyze, and share learning from proposal and reporting process, and compliance with donor rules and regulations.
- Provide an internal help-desk on donor related issues and build grant management capacity of field staff by facilitating training, and providing one on one follow up support, in report writing, proposal development, donor rules and regulations and other topics.
- Ensure quality information management through regular maintenance of grant files, reporting calendars, timely submission and updating of internal IRC documentation and other Grant Unit tools.
- Deliver Project Cycle Management (PCM) trainings and support the use of the NRC PCM framework
- Lead on development of tools for efficient internal grants management systems, such as tools to benchmark quality of proposals and reports, generic concept notes to be used for proposal development or donor meetings, and internal grants tracking systems.
- Oversee the maintenance of efficient relationships with relevant government counterparts, and development of internal policies and procedures with regards to GoJ relations and representation.
- Responsible for ensuring a structured approach to partnerships, including the development of tools for identifying, assessing, monitoring and evaluating partnerships.
This position is open to internal candidates only
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Amman (A Family Duty Station)
Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start
NB: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location in the "Company name" field for both company and location.
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
For further details please see the Job Description below.
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Amman
- Grade: Mid level
- Emergency Aid
- Human Resources
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Cash-Based Interventions
- Closing Date: 2016-12-08