Policy Development Support Consultant, ICTD, New York
New York City (United States of America)
Under overall guidance of the ECM Senior Project Manager, the Consultant will work directly with the ECM Team to develop policy support materials and communications.
For 60 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and
territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's
largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health
and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and
girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF
is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses,
foundations and governments
Enterprise Content Management (ECM) is a formalized means of organizing and
storing an organization's documents, and other content, that relate to the
organization's processes. The term encompasses strategies, methods, and tools
used throughout the lifecycle of the content.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under overall guidance of the ECM Senior Project Manager, the Consultant will
work directly with the ECM Team to develop policy support materials and
communications. This will include:
* Work with respective UNICEF division to develop information packages
distilling existing policies and guidelines.
* Consult with respective divisions to develop Frequently Asked Questions and
communication materials related to policies and guidelines from each
* Gain sign-off from the respective divisions for descriptive materials
describing policies and guidelines.
* Work with the ECM Project Team and ICTD counterparts on integration with
UNICEF intranet platform.
* Prepare training materials related to project implementation and conduct
initial training for Policy Focal Points.
* Develop Frequently Asked Questions for all functional areas of the project.
Required Skills and Experience
* Masters' Degree in Human Resources, Operations, Policy or related
* At least 3 years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in developing training materials and communication
* Experience working in the UN or other international development
Candidates must submit their daily rate for the assignment described above.
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the cumulative analysis methodology (weighted scoring method), where the award of the contract will be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
• Responsive/compliant/acceptable; and
• Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
Technical Criteria weight: [70%]
Financial Criteria weight: [30%]
Due to large number of applications we receive, we are able to inform only the successful candidates about the outcome or status of the selection process.