Executive Assistant, GS-5, Asuncion, Paraguay
If you are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the United Nations Children´s Fund (UNICEF) would like to hear from you. For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO NATIONALS AND FOREIGN RESIDENTS IN PARAGUAY. FOREIGNERS MUST HOLD A LEGAL WORK PERMIT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position reports to the Representative with responsibility for the management and coordination of work for a broad segment of the Organization (i.e. major program, sector, or office). The role of this post is to provide administrative and secretarial support services to the Representative and Programme Specialist.
The Executive Assistant is responsible to ensure the smooth running of the Office. This involves management of information and coordination of matters within a substantive team. The post is a key interface with a broad range of contacts including high-ranking officials, both within and outside the Organization. The post prioritizes tasks and organizes work independently based on general direction from the Representative and Programme Specialist.
KEY END-RESULTS Organizational Context
- Administrative, executive assistance and secretarial support services provided to the Representative and Programme Specialist to facilitate smooth running of the Office and effective processing of information and data.
- Professional image projected through in-person and telephone interaction. Discretion exercised with confidential information and complex sensitive subject matter.
- Knowledgeable delivery of quality services contributing to achievement of work objectives.
- Well managed and effective office operations, systems and procedures facilitates team work and the work of the office.
QUALIFICATION and COMPETENCIES
- Completion of Secondary Education, High School Diploma is a requirement.
- Business courses or other relevant disciplines will be considered an asset.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible secretarial, administrative or office support work experience, including, organizing and supervising the whole range of office support and administrative activities is required.
- Experience in drafting quality documents in Spanish and English is required.
- Ability to work with minimum of supervision. Ability to organize own and others work, set priorities and meet deadlines. Ability to organize meetings and events. Ability to handle work quickly and accurately under time constraints.
- Ability to extract and format data and to solve operational problems will be considered an asset.
- Experience in dealing with protocol matters and high-level executive support as well as programmatic experience is an asset.
- Experience in accounting, financial or budget work, including on the job training in accounting and financial procedures and systems will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge and skills in using corporate financial systems as well as standard office computer applications will be considered and asset.
Computer literacy and the ability to effectively use standard office software tools and other office technology to create documentation, exchange and archive e-mail, and maintain electronic filing systems.
Fluency in Spanish and English is required. Knowledge of Guaraní will be considered and asset.
(For details on competencies please refer to the UNICEF Professional Competency Profiles.)
- i) Core Values (Required) •Commitment •Diversity and Inclusion •Integrity
- ii) Core Competencies (Required) •Communication [ I ] •Working with People [ II ] •Drive for Results [ I ]
- Functional Competencies (Required)• Learning and Researching [ I]• Planning and Organizing [ I]• Following Instructions and Procedures [ I]• Analyzing [ I]