Information Communication Technology Officer (Business Process and Knowledge Management), NO-B (364 days)
This post is open to Nepalees Nationals Only. The incumbent will provide technical support with IT-based automation and improvement of business processes and with the development, implementation and maintenance of Knowledge Management (KM) solutions developed using UNICEF KM platforms such as SharePoint.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
Under the supervision of the Regional Chief of ICT, the ICT Officer will provide technical support with IT-based automation and improvement of business processes and with the development, implementation and maintenance of Knowledge Management solutions developed using UNICEF standard KM platforms such as SharePoint.
Key Expected Results
- Technical support with the development, implementation and maintenance of business process automation and improvement software solutions
- Management of 3rd party software development vendors and contractors
- Technical support with the development and maintenance of KM solutions
- Capacity building
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
Technical support with the development, implementation and maintenance of business process automation and improvement software solutions:
- In collaboration with stakeholders identifies requirements for development of new software solutions to automate and improve business and other office processes.
- Assist with developing and documenting user and other business requirements.
- Develops and maintains system documentation and source code to ensure compliance with UNICEF policies and standards.
- Develops and implements less complex solutions and enhancements on Microsoft platforms, eg. using .NET.
- Provides technical support with identified faults.
- Coordinates testing of developed solutions and enhancements.
Management of 3rd party software development vendors and contractors:
- Based on identified user and business requirements develops required technical specifications and statements of work for 3rd party software development vendors and contractors.
- Oversees and manages development, testing and implementation of new software and/or enhancements by 3rd party developers and contractors.
- Coordinates and oversees User Acceptance Testing.
Technical support with the development and maintenance of KM solutions
- Liaises with the Regional Office sections, programme areas and other stakeholders to identify and document requirements for development of new KM solutions on SharePoint and other existing UNICEF KM platforms.
- Develops and implements such new solutions and identified enhancements.
- Provides technical consultancy to Regional Office sections, programme areas and other stakeholders on customizing their SharePoint sites, sub-sites and pages and assists with customization eg. with creation of page layouts.
- Strengthens the capacity of the Regional Office and relevant Country Office staff by conducting and/or organizing familiarization sessions/workshops and training on the developed software solutions and enhancements.
- Conducts and/or organizes training on using KM solutions.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology Management, Business Administration or a related area.
- A minimum of two years of relevant professional experience in Information Technology Management and Business Operations, specially in Software Development to support business operations and knowledge management in a large international organization and/or corporation is required. Prior experience of working in the UN is an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required. Knowledge of Nepali is highly desirable.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Drive for Result
- Working With People
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
- Planning and Organizing
- Demonstrated substantial hands-on experience in software development of web-based applications using Microsoft frameworks, tools and platforms, eg. .Net and MS SQL Server, and Open Source platforms, eg. PHP and MySQL.
- Demonstrated substantial hands-on experience in development of solutions using SharePoint 2010 or higher.
- Experience in managing IT projects, particularly software development projects.
- Familiarity with and good understanding of Microsoft IT network environment concepts and operations, eg. server and VM installation and administration, Active Directory Services.
- Certification in one or more of these ICT technical competencies: ICT Project Management, Information Security, Telecommunications, Networks Information Security and Software Engineering and Programming highly desirable.
- Experience in developing mobile applications desirable.
- Knowledge of UNICEF's ICT landscape an advantage.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.