Video Production Internship, New York
New York City
The UNICEF Information and Communication Technology Division is seeking interns to work on various aspects of video production and/or animation for several projects, including the ICT Service Catalogue and the divisional strategic realignment project.
of reference for Video Production Internship, New York
UNICEF's ICT function is in a state of transformation, in line with the recognition of the changing tide of the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) world and the business environment in which it serves. The ICT function is focused on continued improvement of services for the realization of UNICEF's mandate. It incorporates the implementation of recommendations (made by stakeholders) on how to better leverage technology for competitive advantage and business value optimisation.
One such recommendation is to improve communication across the ICT organisation, including the enhancement of the IT Intranet. Accordingly, the Project Management Office (PMO) of the ICT Division (ICTD) has set out to revamp communication tactics and the ICT function's Intranet by adopting graphic and other design elements to create appealing products that make communication material easier to consume and visually appealing and that enhance the presentation of the material on the Intranet. The transformation is to ensure that ICT communications, electronic or hardcopy, have a contemporary look that is appealing to readers, with video content wherever possible.
As such, the PMO is seeking Interns with a strong background in video and/or animation production.
Benefits for UNICEF and interns include:
· UNICEF gains access to a rich pool of fresh talent with good academic standing and in pursuit of making a good impression of their capabilities;
· UNICEF gains an opportunity to support the learning and development of the interns through the practical application of their skills areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Chief of the PMO, the interns will work on various aspects of video production for several projects, including:
· Producing filmed and/or animated vignettes of the services offered by the Sections of the IT Division;
· Producing filmed and/or animated vignettes and/or animations of the services offered in the IT Service Catalogue;
· Producing filmed and/or animated vignettes and/or animations presenting the IT vision and strategy for the envisioned, modernized IT function;
· Producing filmed and/or animated vignettes of day-to-day activities of Divisional staff to enrich the communication function of the IT Division;
· Assist with drafting interview questions, interviewing IT service providers and IT portfolio business case owners, editing and producing said interviews as necessary;
· Production of other videos as assigned, e.g. software tutorials, business process tutorials;
· Perform administrative tasks as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
The following qualifications are required:
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme, however, they are expected to have the following skills:
Conditions and Working Environment
- This position is not necessarily office based.
- Internships at UNICEF are non-remunerative.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: New York City
- Grade: Internship
- Closing Date: 2017-06-21