Senior Program Officer
Atlanta | Washington D.C.
CARE is seeking a Senior Program Officer to provide administrative, programmatic and technical support to the Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) programs. Over the next year, this position will provide 50% support to a single adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health initiative as well as support other SRHR programs in a similar manner as needed.
- Manage administrative duties of the adolescent focused project including liaising and communicating with all partners and country office staff on project and work-plan execution, arranging meetings and regular check-ins with country offices and partners, logistical execution and planning of workshops and dissemination events, supporting program HR and procurement needs, supporting project reporting to the donor, and other grant admin as needed.
- Support technical activities related to the research and design components of the project, this may include conducting desk reviews to support the formative research planning, compiling relevant background documents and tools, scoping other projects or partners in implementation countries, and support analysis and data management of formative research.
- Write and package evidence and learning from the project for internal and external dissemination, including briefs, presentations, talking points, human interest stories, and other communication materials.
Other SRHR program support
- Contribute to the capturing, developing and sharing of key knowledge products for a variety of SRHR programs or issues; including case studies, project reports, advocacy materials, blogs or articles for social media platforms, presentations and talking points and other communication materials.
- Collaborate with and support country offices to document learning and evidence in support of best practices and key projects/approaches; may include travel to country offices to collect and document or reworking and editing of existing materials.
- Assist with proposal development and fundraising initiatives as needed, including developing proposals, concept notes and proposal budgets, donor pitch decks.
- Support program research and evaluation, including conducting literature reviews, developing data collection tools, data management and report development.
- Provide other program and administrative support as needed, including grants and contract management.
- Oversee the planning and executing of learning events and workshops, including logistics planning and content development.
- Master’s degree preferred in in public health, international development or behavioral/social sciences or Bachelor’s degree with significant work experience in the global health field;
- 2-3 years’ work experience in global health development providing programmatic and technical support, particularly in supporting family planning, health system strengthening, or adolescent reproductive health programs;
- Demonstrated writing experience for a variety of audiences;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate well with others across countries and cultures and develop and maintain positive working relationships;
- Capability to develop and manage consultants and vendors contracts, scopes of work and work plans;
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team, and to lead own work with minimal direction, take initiative and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work effectively and accurately under extreme deadline pressure and time management;
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously;
- Familiarity with sexual, reproductive and maternal health, health systems strengthening, family planning, and/or adolescent health programs and approaches in developing world contexts;
- English and French proficiency required;
- Exceptional writing and communication skills, including documented experience writing, producing technical publications and/or proposals, and developing presentations for a variety of audiences, including donors;
- Expertise in Word, PowerPoint and other relevant computer packages and platform.
TO APPLY: Please click on the link https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CAREUSA&cws=1&rid=3437 to the job posting to submit your cover letter and resume.