CONSULTANCY for Peace Trainings in the Central African Republic
Vienna | Bangui
KAICIID interreligious dialogue programmes support peace and reconciliation in specific conflict situations, including the Central African Republic (CAR). The CAR programme aims to enchance the capacity of the local religious leaders to work towards peacebuilding in their country. As part the of the programme KAICIID is looking for a consultant to design the training program aimed at developing skills in dialogue for peace and reconciliation. The consultant is expected also todeliver the training to religious and other Muslim community leaders in CAR.
In cooperation with the Programme Manager, CAR located in Vienna and the Field Expert located in Bangui, the Consultant shall:
- Develop and design the training programme, suggesting tools and methods that are suitable for the target group (Muslim leaders, in particular, women and youth leaders) and support the intended learning objectives of the training of trainers. The training themes should include, but are not limited to: (i) Violence Prevention and Response through Dialogue Facilitation and Peace and Reconciliation. In addition, (ii) the training will touch briefly on the theological component of peaceful coexistence with other faiths and what the Islamic understanding of this interreligious tolerance consists of, as a basis for future interreligious dialogue with the Christian community. The training tools also include a draft evaluation questionnaire addressed to the participants;
- Conduct 6 training of trainers workshops in different locations in CAR in collaboration with the KAICIID’s field expert;
- Provide continuous support and information regarding the documentation and preparation of the trainings; review and adjust the curriculum according to the needs and expectations of the participants as well as lessons learned;
- Provide copies of the PowerPoints, modules, sessions’ plans and other relevant material in order to replicate the trainings in other locations in CAR;
- Contribute to a consolidated final report on the six trainings, to be prepared by the KAICIID Field Expert including eventual recommendations for the future;
- Provide any further required support in relationship to the training.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in education, social sciences, peace building and conflict resolution, or other related field
- Minimum of 10 years of working experience in training design and facilitation/delivery of trainings in the context of peace-building; of which at least 3 years at the international level, preferably in an inter-governmental organization;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French;
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Availability to travel frequently to Central African Republic.
Professional fluency in French, working knowledge in English.
The estimated period for the consultancy is 6 months, starting in January 2017.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
20 December 2016
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload your CV along with a motivation letter. At this stage, please do not send any diplomas, publications or any other documents. Only short-listed candidates will be further contacted by KAICIID.
Please indicate in your application that you found the position on UNjobfinder
- Organization: KAICIID
- Location: Vienna | Bangui
- Grade: International Consultant - Consultancy
- Education, Learning and Training
- Security policy
- Conflict prevention
- Social Affairs
- Closing Date: 2016-12-20