Who are we?
Danish Refugee Council is a leading protection agency pursuing our mandate to protect and promote durable solutions to displacement-affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. In the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), DRC apply a regional approach with operational presence in Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey and Iraq.
Present in Iraq since 2003, DRC is today operational in the Kurdish governorates, in and around Baghdad and in several South-Central governorates. Focused both on the influx of Syrian refugees and the current IDP crisis, DRC is providing assistance in a range of sectors including Camp Coordination and Camp Management, Protection, Livelihoods, Emergency Response (including food security, cash, and NFIs), WASH, Shelter and Mine Action. The Iraq programme presently employs some 450 national staff and 45 international staff, and is growing to meet new, emerging needs associated with ongoing and recent conflict in multiple locations.
About the job:
The Procurement Officer supports and contributes to the organisation and implementation of all Procurement activities for DRC Baghdad and South Central Iraq.
Reports to: Logistics and procurement manager BGT
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Procure all materials and equipment ordered by the projects in a cost-effective and transparent manner in line with DRC and donor specific policies, in conjunction with the logistics and procurement manager
- Liaise with suppliers to create realistic delivery schedules and compare actual deliveries in order to evaluate supplier performance and responsiveness.
- Ensure that all orders are tracked from point of planning and request through to final receipt. Share the procurement tracker to the logistics and procurement manager on a monthly basis and all other relevant program staff.
- Prepare the relevant documents for the procurement of goods and services, as per the OH chapter 16 and national procurement policy
- Participate in evaluation of bids and proposals and make sure the bids evaluation report, technical evaluation, minutes of negotiations and negotiated contract in selection of consultants contain all the facts and information required to justify the recommendations made in the report.
- Assist with the preparation of contracts and amendments of contracts when needed.
- Participate in the joint verification of procured goods and equipment and to ascertain the items conformity to Technical Specifications and Quantities.
- Maintain a database on all procurement activities for a project and/or region (OR tracker)
- Maintain a database of suppliers, including performance tracking
- Provide procurement related support to the programme staff as required.
- Provide data to monitor and evaluate the overall procurement performance in support of the programs.
- Ensure all procurement processed are tracked and filed according to the agreed filing system
- Constantly search the market for new suppliers that may provide better service or value for money for DRC.
- Report on all procurement related activities to the Logistics and procurement manager
- If/when available, actively manage the Asset/Inventory tracking with detailed record and updated status and share on a monthly basis to the logistics and procurement manager.
- 2 years of NGO/UN field experience in a similar position.
- Good communication skills (reading, writing, speaking).
- Ability to write weekly activity reports and communication pieces.
- Spoken and written Arabic is essential
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to determine priorities and attention to detail a must.
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
- Willingness to work in the field and travel when needed.
- Spoken and written Arabic and English is essential.
- Logistics & Supply Chain Degree
- Experience of working with UN or Non-Governmental Organisations.
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- Strong networking, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Fluent English is desirable
- Analytical Skills
- Planning Skills
- Teamwork Skills
- Initiative (proactive)
- Result-oriented and Accountability
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org .Please note that applications
sent directly to email@example.com will not be considered.
Interested? Apply for this position by clicking HERE then click Apply for position. All applicants should
send a cover letter and an updated CV no longer than four pages, both in English. Your CV should
also include contact details of three professional referees.
Please note: Due to the urgency to fill the position, DRC reserves the right to do the selection the rolling basis and recruit before the deadline.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Baghdad
- Grade: NO-C, National Professional Officer - Mid level
- Closing Date: 2017-03-15