VN 2016/258 (P) - Resource Management Officer (P3) - Cairo, Egypt
Position Title Resource Management Officer
Duty Station :Cairo, Egypt Classification Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 25 December 2016
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo
Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia,
Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya,
Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Mauritania, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, United Republic of Tanzania, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission, and in coordination with relevant units at Headquarters and Regional Office for the Middle East and North Africa region, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for managing the budgetary, financial, and administrative functions of the Mission and its sub-offices.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Monitor and oversee the financial management for all activities including the oversight of financial expenditure and accountability; undertake financial analysis of projects in the Mission. 2. Coordinate the preparation of donor financial reports in accordance with IOM regulations and established procedures.
3. Analyze budget information, and prepare and consolidate cash flow estimates and supporting data in relation to budget forecasts and performance reports; ensure funding is received in accordance with donor agreements.
4. Prepare Annual Budget for the Mission, oversee budget control process and analyze Page 1 / 3variances between budget and actual expenditures. Assist in the preparation of budgets for new programmes.
5. Inspect payroll versus budgets, ensuring that salaries are correctly allocated to projects consistent with I OM's projectization criteria.
6. Maintain financial procedures, ensure that local administrative procedures are in place and followed in accordance with the Organization’s regulations, procedures and practices, and recommend modifications to or new permanent instructions and procedures.
7. Supervise and train staff on 10M's administrative/financial policies and procedures; evaluate regular financial reports and take action to resolve anomalies and unusual trends. 8. Supervise the procurement and logistic services, ensuring that contracts with suppliers of goods and services are in line with the Organization’s procedures, regulations and guidelines; oversee the management of the fleet of vehicles and maintenance of buildings as well as the functioning of support services in the Mission.
9. Maintain appropriate internal controls to safeguard the Organization’s assets, control cash and prevent fraud.
10. Liaise with relevant units at HQs and RO MENA, as well as relevant external counterparts with regard to the financial and administrative activities of the Mission; report regularly on the financial situation of the Mission and provide other information as necessary. 11. Support and offer guidance to other units (programmes and sub-offices) on matters related to 10M administrative issues, local institutions and regulations and human resources problems with a view to increasing their effectiveness.
12. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or • University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience. • Professional certification as Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant is an advantage.
• Experience in financial management, accounting and budgeting;
• Working knowledge in MENA region;
• Good knowledge of human resources management;
• Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities as well as with international institutions;
• Familiarity with financial oversight and public administration;
• Experience with international institutions knowledge of IPSAS and SAP highly desirable; • Knowledge of IOM accounting systems, software and procedures a distinct advantage. Languages
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Arabic and French is an advantage. Page 2 / 3Desirable Competencies:
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
system, by 25 December 2016 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 12.12.2016 to 25.12.2016
Requisition: VN 2016/258 (P) - Resource Management Officer (P3) - Cairo, Egypt (54917124) Released Posting: Posting NC54917139 (54917139) Released
Page 3 / 3
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Cairo
- Grade: P-3, International Professional - Mid level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-12-25