Head of Project
WELTHUNGERHILFE NEEDS YOU!
HEAD OF PROJECT
in Kenema, Sierra Leone
The position is to be filled at the earliest possible opportunity and has a contract term of 24 months. Deployment location is Kenema in Sierra Leone. Duty trips to the project areas will be required.
Aims and duties of the position
The focus of the position is to manage the land governance project funded by DFID in close cooperation with the local partner.
Your most important duties:
- Implementation of the community based agricultural investment model as outlined in the project proposal (in cooperation with the local partner)
- Ensuring that the investment model is in line with the VGGT and promotion of the latter
- Networking with the related government entities and the respective partners working on land governance
- Monitoring and evaluation of the activities
- Assurance of compliance with Welthungerhilfe and donor rules and regulations
- Participation in planning and development of new projects
- Documentation of good practices with regard to good practices and innovative approaches
- A university or polytechnical degree in the field of economics, geography, agronomy or a comparable qualification
- Ideally, several years of experience in the implementation of projects of international (aid) organisations, preferably in the region
- Experience in traceability of cash crop production areas for international trading
- Knowledge of cocoa production and agricultural investment models
- Familiarity with the international land governance, VGGT and RAI debate
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- Coordination and organisational skills, including ability to work under pressure and in difficult local conditions
- Experience with development approaches and participatory methods
- Professional experience with authorities in developing countries
- Cooperation and teamworking skills
- Very good level of spoken and written English; German is an asset
Please send a covering letter and CV by email, including the reference SLE 16916 to Carolin Möllenbeck (email@example.com).
- Organization: Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V.
- Location: Kenema
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: