Traineeship in the Talent Management Division
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) has an opening for a full time paid traineeship position in the Global Talent Management Division, Department of Human Resources in Geneva.
Purpose of the post:
Are you a highly motivated young professional wanting to help shape the future of talent management at the world's leading humanitarian organization and truly make a difference? Do you have strong communication skills which you would like to develop further within a professional strategic delivery context?
Then this is your opportunity to join a team of highly motivated professionals in building a world class global talent management organization at the International Committee of the Red Cross.
The position reports directly to the Head of the Global Talent Management Division, which is responsible for establishing global talent management strategies, processes and practices at ICRC. The main focus of the traineeship position will be to support the various units within the division in their work to implement several new people management initiatives in 2017, which form part of ICRC's ongoing transformation. In particular, the position will contribute to the development of communication tools and materials which will further build the understanding of talent management as a means to strengthen staff engagement and high performance.
By rotating between the units, it is an excellent opportunity for the right person to get broad exposure to various areas of Talent Management, including Talent Acquisition & Sourcing, Workforce Planning and Career Development as well as Diversity & Inclusion, Strategic Talent Partnerships and Talent Pool Coordination.
- On a rotating schedule support the various units within the divisions, under the supervision of the Head of Division
- Support the units in the Division with the development of communication and talent development tools, including multimedia content to bring to life people management processes and tools.
- Support the Head of Division as required, with a particular focus on communication.
- Support the implementation of the People Management Approach initiatives as required
- Contribute to the implementation of these communication plans in coordination with the head of unit.
Training and experience required:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in HR, Learning, Education, Communications or in a related field.
- Experience in HR, Learning & Development and/or internal communication an asset.
- Experience with online tools and multimedia development; ability to translate this into problem solving ideas
- Experience in web or graphic design an asset.
Profile and skills sought:
- Fluency in written and spoken English (native an asset).
- Fluency in French a significant asset.
- Excellent drafting and editing skills.
- Well organized and diligent.
- Good team player.
- Initiative taker who is able to work independently and autonomously when required.
- Excellent software skills, beyond the basic office suite (Microsoft Office, Excel, Sharepoint etc.).
- Motivated to learn and to develop new skills.
- Ability to translate complex concepts into simple words
- Paid traineeship
- Length of Assignment : 12 months
- Starting Date : 1 February 2017 or earlier
Interested candidates fulfilling the above criteria should send a motivation letter and CV to Aleksandra Popovic (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 26th December 2017 (Subject: Traineeship in the Talent Division 2017). Please note that this is a Geneva-based traineeship and that no housing allowance will be granted. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. At a further stage, selected candidates will be contacted for interviews at ICRC headquarters or through online conference calls (depending on availability).
- Organization: ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Location: Geneva
- Grade: NO-C, National Professional Officer - Mid level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-12-26