Housing Market Development Manager- Mexico
The Centro de Innovacion en Vivienda is looking for a professional to apply for the Housing Market Development Manager - Mexico position. This position will report to the Executive Director of the Centro de Innovacion en Vivienda, under the general supervision of the Terwilliger Center for Innovation in Shelter - Latin America and the Caribbean region. The purpose of this position is to articulate and to develop the housing value chain in Mexico, and explore opportunities in the housing market for association with different actors in this sector, and looking forward to promote the offer and demand of housing products and services oriented to the families with low income rates.
- Works to facilitate solutions by leading firms / clients to bring about and put in place market based solutions.
- Establishes and develops business opportunities that articulate the housing value chain through proposals for project development.
- Identifies the challenges and opportunities that are present in the area of affordable housing which support low-income populations to improve their living conditions.
- Designs and coordinates a portfolio of various projects aimed at developing the housing market considering the national context through different sources of information related to social housing market, and the articulation and linking of product offerings targeted at the poor service by identifying the different actors in the housing market.
- Identify gaps in the supply of products and services of the value chain of housing. Interrelate to market players, creating networks and alliances.
- Investigates and identifies opportunities in the housing market, including topics, participants and collaborations, helping the center with the organization and monitoring.
- Supports other housing market development programs in the region, at least once a year, as requested by the Terwilliger Center for Innovation in Shelter.
- Linking projects under his (her) leadership with other activities carried out by the Centro de Innovacion en Vivienda in order to integrate them with the defined strategies.
- Manages the budget and reporting required as part of the market development activities implemented, according to the requirements of the Centro de Innovacion en Vivienda and the Terwilliger Center for Innovation in Shelter.
- University degree in Economics or Business Administration, International Development or related field, with more than 4 years of experience.
- Professional experience of 3 years or more in the application of development market systems, linked to international development programs as part of a consulting firm.
- Experience in consulting services, value chain analysis and development of strategic partnerships in the private sector.
- Interested in the operation of the actors in the private, public and social sectors, linking opportunities of economic growth in Mexico for people with low salary rates.
- Knowledge of social housing and the inherent challenges in the housing sector.
- Excellent communication skills, and the capacity to interact with different cultural backgrounds.
- Management skills in communication technologies. Excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written).
- Facilitation skills, articulating the participation of different market actors in a meaningful way.
To be considered for this opportunity please apply directly at: https://www.habitat.org/about/careers/housing-market-development-manager-mexico
- Organization: Habitat for Humanity
- Location: Mexico City
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-01-20