Market Development Manager- Dominican Republic
Habitat for Humanity International is currently seeking a talented individual for a Market Development Manager - Dominican Republic position. The purpose of this position is to articulate and to develop the housing value chain in the Dominican Republic, and explore opportunities in the housing market for association with different actors in this sector, and looking forward to promote the offer and demand of housing products and services oriented to the families with low income rates.This position will report to the National Director of Habitat for Humanity Dominican Republic, under the general supervision of the Terwilliger Center for Innovation in Shelter - Latin America and the Caribbean region.
- Lead the portfolio design with projects from the National Organization (NO) related to housing market development according to the Global Strategic Plan. Including concept notes and project proposals to obtain funding.
- Enable catalytic interventions among housing market actors in determined areas in the country.
- Establish contacts and relationships with key actors from the private sector firms in the NO’s area of interest, and work with them to facilitate solutions, in order to bring about and put in place housing related market based solutions.
- Analyze the regulatory framework for housing in the country to identify gaps and barriers that restrict providing services and products to low income families.
- Cooperate with colleagues from Habitat for Humanity’s Terwilliger Center for Innovation in Shelter through webinars, networks, learning events, discussions and case studies.
- Research innovative programs within the housing affordable market for low income families.
- Extend the work to other Caribbean countries identified by Habitat’s Terwilliger Center for Innovation in Shelter and support other market development managers from nearby countries, at least once a year as part of its regional activities.
- Professional in economy, business administration, international development or a related field.
- At least 4 years’ experience using systems and methodologies for market development.
- Experience in consulting services, value chain analysis and development of strategic alliances in the private sector.
- Demonstrate skills in communication and interpersonal relations.
- Experience in training and workshops.
- Disposition for travelling and working abroad.
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English.
- Fluent in spoken and written French.
- Able to design and facilitate participatory workshops and other learning events (seminaries, training and working groups).
To be considered for this opportunity please be sure to apply directly at : https://www.habitat.org/about/careers/market-development-manager-dominican-republic
- Organization: Habitat for Humanity
- Location: Santo Domingo
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-01-19