NATIONAL POST: Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, Kabul, Afghanistan Country Office, NOC
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VACANCY IS OPEN ONLY TO NATIONALS OF AFGHANISTAN.
Closing date: 29 December 2016 (Midnight Kabul time)
The post of Planning, Monitoring and Evalation Specialist is located in the Afghanistan Country Office. The position reports to the Deputy Country Representative.
The Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist has the primary responsibility of contributing to the results-based management through development and/or implementation of the M&E Framework and Plan of the Multi-Country Programme in terms of project design, planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, data collection and research activities. S/He is responsible for monitoring and evaluation of the CO programme. The Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with counterparts in government, multi lateral and bi-lateral donor agencies and civil society to address emerging issues and to facilitate programme delivery.
S/He works very closely with the technical advisers in the Office and other programme staff on the programmatic needs by providing support to the CO. The Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist proactively shares information on achievement of results in the implementation of UNFPA programme with the CO.
Qualification and Education:
- An Advanced (Master) Degree in Economics, public health, demography and/or other related applied research or Social Science field;
- Recognized post graduate certification, studies or an accreditation in monitoring and evaluation is desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 5 years of professional experience preferably in programme and/or project monitoring and evaluation in the public or private sector;
- Substantive knowledge and practical experience in population, reproductive and sexual health programming;
- Sound knowledge of the social and cultural realities of the region;
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Field experience is an asset;
- Proficiency in MS Office packages including database management, preferably Access, SPSS and Epinfo.
Fluency in English and knowledge of the local languages (Dari / Pashto) is required.
- Organization: UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
- Location: Kabul
- Grade: NO-C, National Professional Officer - Mid level
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Urban Development, planning and design
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Closing Date: 2016-12-29