International Potato Center
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a creative, proactive and responsible Campaign Manager to support the Communication Department for extending the CIP brand and project impact globally. The position will be the leader of three to four strategic communications campaigns annually. They will also develop content for the CIP website and social media. The position should have demonstrable experience in video production and photography. The Campaign Manager will support both the institutional brand and CIP projects. To be successful, the incumbent should be an experienced communicator capable of working independently with all levels of management and also lead a team.
The Center: CIP is a not-for-profit international agricultural research for development institution with a focus on potato, sweet potato, and Andean Root and Tuber Crops. Its vision is to enhance the use of roots and tubers crops to improve the livelihoods of the poor. CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved nutrition and well-being, and gender equality for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world. CIP is headquartered in Lima, Peru with staff and activities in over 20 locations across Africa, Asia, and Latin America. CIP is a member of the CGIAR Consortium, a network of 15 research centers that are mostly located in the developing world and supported by more than 50 donor members. It is Lead Center for the Root, Tubers and Bananas CGIAR Research Program.
The position: This position will be based in Lima, Perœ and will rep ort directly to the Head of Communications.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Support the development and implementation of the CIP communication strategy
- Supervise online content for CIP websites.
- Contribute communications components to program development in the regions.
- Support preparation of CIP Annual Report, social media, and brand journalism efforts.
- Actively collaborate with other Communications team members to execute CIP communication efforts.
- Develop digital media editorial calendar (Blog, Fb, Twitter)
- Organize and populate digital photo and video library and supervise the cataloging of this archive
- Supervise external consultants (writers, videographers, photographers)
- Edit photos and videos
- Execute 3 to 4 external campaigns (Digital and traditional) annually
- Publish 3-4 newsletters per year
- Create viral social media opportunities
- DG fireside chat production
- Support project digital media requirements
- Train scientists in the field on how to record videos and take photos using cell phones and other equipment for ultimate use in CIP promotional products
- Bachelor in a field related to communication and at least 6 years of experience
- Master Degree with at least 3 years of experience.
- Demonstrated success in managing multi-disciplinary teams, public relationships, journalism and campaign management.
- Excellent leadership skills to promote effective collaboration within the team.
- Excellent skills in photography, videography and script writing.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Strong communication skills and basic written in Spanish.
Conditions: Salary will be internationally competitive, paid in US dollars, and commensurate with experience. CIP provides additional benefits including employer-paid medical, life and disability insurance and retirement benefits. Allowances toward relocation, housing, home leave travel, dependents’ education and annual leave are also provided. CIP prides itself on its collegial and supportive working environment, which allows space for personal and professional growth.
Applications: Applicants should apply online through our CIP’s Job Opportunities website (http://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/), including a cover letter, a full C.V. with the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. Screening of applications will begin on January 27, 2017 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at www.cipotato.org
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and professionals from developing countries are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Organization: CIP - International Potato Center
- Location: Lima
- Grade: NO-C, National Professional Officer
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: