Internal Audit & Quality Support Officer - Colombia
Internal Audit & Quality Support Officer’s (IA&QS) role within NRC Colombia and Latin America is to provide risk-based, independent and objective assurance that risk management processes and the systems of internal control are designed and operating effectively; that critical risks are being managed appropriately; and that governance processes are effective. IA&QS may provide advice to management on governance, risk and controls, either as part of audit reviews or as a separate exercise.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Develop and update the risk management process in place to identify and manage risks to the operation related to finance, human resources and logistics (a collection of country level/strategic issues).
- Develop and update the internal control environment, in terms of the coordination, control and monitoring of activities, information and communication flows in place to ensure:
- Appropriate use of NRC and donor funds within NRC Colombia and Latin America
- The safeguarding of NRC´s assets
- Compliance with NRC procedures (Hand books) in relation to finance, human resources and logistics
- Compliance with laws, regulations and contracts (including donor requirements)
- Support and prepare external NRC and donor audits. Reviewing systems and processes within these functions identified as key potential risks from our pre-audit preparation work.
- Provide support for coordinating an appropriate management response to any recommendations contained in the audit reports.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Contribute to continuously improving internal control systems and “compliance culture”
- Graduated professional of administration, finance, economics
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar responsibility.
- Experience in similar positions with some international agency, with United Nations Agencies and / or humanitarian context, will be positively valued.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish
- Strong communication, coordination and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills (data and financial)
- Good understanding of donor rules and regulations
- Administration / Organisation / Management
- Finance / Economics
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge on accounting systems and MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Knowledge of Audit
- Knowledge of Quality Support systems
- Initiating action and change
- Planning and delivering results
- Strategic Thinking
- Local contract under the Colombian law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Oslo (Norway)
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Internal audit, Investigation and Inspection
- Closing Date: 2017-01-09