VN 2016/269 (P) - Resource Management Officer (5 Positions) (P2) - Multiple Duty Stations
Multiple Duty Stations
Position Title Resource Management Officer (Five Positions)
Duty Station : Multiple Duty Stations
Classification :Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 11 January 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo
Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia,
Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya,
Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Mauritania, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, United Republic of Tanzania, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela
(Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and in close coordination with the Regional Resource Management Unit, the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for monitoring of the budgetary, financial, human resources and administrative functions of the mission. S/he will also contribute to provide recommendations aiming at increasing effectiveness and efficiency of resource management in IOM duty station. Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Monitor financial management including the oversight of financial expenditures and accountability. Undertake financial analysis and interpret reports of all activities in IOM duty station.
2. Monitor the implementation of procurement, logistics, facilities maintenance, asset administration, and transport support within established internal control mechanisms. 3. Review and monitor the Human Resources Management function in the mission in accordance with the Organization’s policies, procedures and practices and in light of project activities in the region.
Page 1 / 44. Evaluate, monitor and update the database of vendor/contractor accreditation and evaluation status to ensure a pool of reliable vendors and contractors.
5. Establish and monitor a tracking system of commodities, supplies, and equipment and project assets in the mission.
6. Review existing systems and procedures and, if necessary, recommend possible improvements to strengthen internal monitoring, evaluation, and control systems and improve efficiency and effectiveness. Train the project support staff on IOM's administrative, financial, and human resources policies and procedures.
7. Assist in the budget control process and analyse variances between budgeted and actual expenditures and outstanding commitments.
8. Supervise the preparation of monthly payroll for national and sub-contracted IOM staff and ensure its accuracy and timeliness.
9. Review and assess the mission’s staff training and development needs and suggest possible improvement areas in collaboration with HRM/Staff Development Learning (SDL). Facilitate the maintenance and upkeep of the Mission HR training database.
10. Coordinate with CoM the preparation of donor financial reports in accordance with IOM regulations and established procedures.
11. Supervise the staff of the Finance, Procurement and HR units, make recommendations for procedural improvements and assist in training local staff in the relevant areas. 12. Undertake duty travel as required.
13. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience. • Professional certification as chartered accountant (CA) or certified public accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) is an advantage.
• Experience in financial management, financial reporting, accounting, budgeting and purchasing;
• Experience preparing reports, budgets, statistics and coordinate administrative activities; • Knowledge of MS Office products, and good computer literacy skills required; • Knowledge in SAP Finance is an advantage;
• Experience with international institutions knowledge of Internal Public Sector Accounting • Standards (IPSAS) and SAP is highly desirable.
Fluency in English and French is required.
Page 2 / 4Note
Duty stations will be in Mali, Conakry Guinea, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire and Burkina Faso. Desirable Competencies:
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 11 January 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 29.12.2016 to 11.01.2017
Page 3 / 4Requisition: VN 2016/269 (P) - ResourceManagementOfficer(5Positions)(P2)-MultipleDutyStations (54928019) Released
Posting: Posting NC54928020 (54928020) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Multiple Duty Stations
- Grade: P-2, International Professional - Junior level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-01-11