Head of Client Account Management
Woerden | The Hague
The Head of Client Account Management will be responsible for managing and protecting the relationship between PFSCM and our clients. This unit aims to maximize long-term revenue opportunities by becoming trusted advisers to clients and strengthening their loyalty. By developing a deep understanding of the technical and business challenges clients face, the Head of Client Account Management leads the unit in unit identifying opportunities to increase sales of products and services that meet those needs and monitors, analyzes competitive activities to assess any threat to clients, and identifies the resources needed to meet client requirements. S/he leads the unit in establishing new projects and manages all procurement requests (entry of request, monitoring the orders, liaising with all people involved, and informing the clients). S/he will also work closely with the PFSCM business development unit.
Client Account Management
- Manages and oversees client implementation including staff activities/performance and Key Performance Indicators.
- Manages project performance according to the budgetary and contractual commitments outlined in the client contract(s), including any additional modifications or changes to the current scope of activities.
- Oversees the Client Account Management team to develop a culture of excellence and continuous improvement, including direct supervision of the Client Account Manager positions.
- Allocates budget and staff resources to ensure optimal services.
- Monitors project financial management systems and financial performance.
- Ensures that Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and performance management systems support client objectives.
- Manages and addresses performance deficiencies and client queries, and oversees the process of continuous program improvement.
- Ensures implementation of risk management procedures and policies and collaborates with other PFSCM units.
- Setups new client and project activities including project management demand planning, Quality Assurance, sourcing, procurement, freight & logistics/4 PL, Management Information Systems, accounting and finance requirements.
- Builds relationships with different members of the client team who make or influence purchasing decisions, including executives, purchasing managers, technical managers and finance directors.
- Build relationships with clients based on trust and value, working with clients to help them improve business performance and value add, and become trusted advisers.
- Build relationships based on value to help to overcome issues of price and create strong barriers to competition.
- Manages a unit that creates and updates client and recipient profiles and shipping information; reviews and enters client Price Requests (PRs), reviews and submits Price Quotations (PQs) to client, monitors timely creation of PQs and purchase orders (POs) by buyers, and monitors timely shipment/delivery of commodities by freight and logistics unit
- Ensure continuous updates to clients on status of outstanding PRs, POs and deliveries.
- Interfaces with account unit on creation of codes, confirming fund availability, and closing out accounts.
- Assures electronic document storage (Knowledge Tree) for requests and orders is up to date, maintain hard copy files where required.
- Contributes to the development of and/or generate and distribute reports and other communication as required.
- Perform other requested duties as requested
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in public health, business or public administration, project management, logistics, supply chain management or equivalent experience.
- 8 years of related experience.
- 10 years of experience in relevant professional work experience with significant experience or exposure to public health/health development.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proven track record demonstrating leadership skills, project management, budget and resource management experience, and customer relationship management capability.
- Experience in multicultural team management.
- Experience in pharmaceuticals and medical supplies and/or supply chain management systems preferred.
- Experience working with international donor agencies or global suppliers a plus.
- Experience working in and/or with developing countries
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with donors, non-governmental organizations, and local government partners.
- Ability to work comfortably with Microsoft Office software, specifically Word, Excel and Project
- Experience with ERP or procurement/supply chain management software a plus
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member
- Ability to work under high pressure and multi-task between many clients
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Fluency in English, plus French (and Spanish) fluency preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills, client oriented
- Knowledge of the international pharmaceutical and medical supply public sector market, with specific reference to the commodities required for HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, and care is a plus.
Navigating the Environment:
Perspective, Dealing with ambiguity, Organizational Agility, Political Savvy and Strategic Agility
Ensuring Delivery of Results:
Functional/Technical skills, Client Focus, Managing through systems, Managing and Measuring work, Negotiating, Information Sharing, Process Management, Priority Setting, Problem Solving and Timely Decision Making
Leading with Credibility:
Managing others: Building Effective Teams, Conflict Management, Managing Vision and Purpose, Integrity and Trust, Motivating others, Approachability and Developing direct reports and others
Core Personal Competencies:
Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust, Listening, Written Communication
Core MSH competencies:
Adaptability, Communication, Problem Solving, Creativity and Innovation, Quality, Quality and Timeliness of Work, Quality of work and Team Relationships, Resource Utilization
- Availability to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
- Keyboard use, Pulling drawers, Lifting papers <10lbs., etc.
- Organization: MSH - Management Sciences for Health
- Location: Woerden | The Hague
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Public Health and Health Service
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2017-01-16