Head of Finance (m/f)
WELTHUNGERHILFE NEEDS YOU!
HEAD OF FINANCE (M/F)
in Bamako, Mali
The post is to be filled as soon as possible with an initial contract duration until 31 March 2018. The place of work is Bamako with field trips to the project sites in various regions of Mali.
Objectives and responsibilities of the position
As Head of Finance you are responsible for all financial and administrative processes for the Mali Country Programme. The goal of the post is to ensure that the Mali Country Programme including the various projects is financially managed in accordance to relevant donor and Welthungerhilfe internal rules and regulations. In addition to that the Head of Finance will provide support for the project specific administration by on-site training and technical backstopping.
Your most important duties are as follows:
- Establishing and maintaining a programme wide financial management system
- Ensuring sound budget planning when project proposals are being drafted
- Monitoring and ensuring the proper planning of financial and other resources
- Recruitment and management of Human Resources
- Providing guidance and training for local and international financial experts and project partners in line with Welthungerhilfe policy to enhance national staff capacity
- Monitoring and ensuring the accurate and prompt drawing up of internal and external financial reports in accordance with the appropriate guidelines
- Conducting training sessions in the field offices to uplift the capacities of administrative compliance
- Supervise and support visits to the Welthungerhilfe project offices in Niger
Your qualifications include:
- A university or polytechnic degree or completed commercial training, together with additional specialist knowledge, for example in the fields of accounting and controlling
- Several years of project-related professional experience in the administration of co-financed projects for international (aid) organisations – preferably in the region
- Excellent communication and inter-cultural skills
- Coordination and organisational skills, even under high workload
- A high level of mental and physical resilience
- An excellent knowledge of French, English and German (spoken and written)
- Organization: Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V.
- Location: Bamako
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Finance and Banking
- Closing Date: