Consultant: Administrative/Financial Support, Technical Division, Gender, Human Rights, and Culture Branch, New York
New York City
This consultancy will ensure the administrative, financial and logistical support to the Gender, Human Rights and Culture Branch throughout the implementation of the Gender Biased Sex Selection (GBSS) programme. The programme is a three-year programme with a budget of EUR2,075,150 and requires coordination between Country Offices, Regional Offices, Headquarters and the Liaison Office in Brussels.
Under the direct supervision of the branch’s Gender Based Violence Advisor (GBV) and in close coordination with the Coordinator of the Programme, the consultant will provide on-going support to the GBSS programme by:
· Providing direct administrative support to the Coordinator of the Programme and the GBV Advisor as required;
· Supporting the monitoring of expenditure, programme implementation rate and financial status;
· Processing and following up on financial transactions related to the Programme;
· Preparing, processing and monitor procurement processes related to the Programme, including procurement of technical services, publications, meetings, conferences, events, and buying equipment and supplies related to the Programme;
· Providing administrative support to the arrangement of conferences, workshops and meetings including undertaking the logistical arrangements related to hiring of venues, catering, hotel reservations and travels;
· Preparing travel requests and process visa requests related to the Programme;
· Preparing Atlas checklists and expense reports upon completion of travel;
· Developing and maintaing physical and electronic filing system of the Programme;
· Draft communications as required; and
. Undertake additional duties or other special assignments as requested.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Secondary education and specialized training in business administration/office management;
· At least five years of practical progressive work experience in administration/office management.
· Fluency in English.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Knowledge of general accounting and/or bookkeeping procedures is a plus.
· Familiarity with UNFPA procedures and systems (e.g, ATLAS) is strongly preferred.
Please submit an application letter that states the candidate's motivation to apply for this consultancy and curriculum vitae/Resume. The above documents must b sent by e-mail, using the subject: Consultant: Administrative/Financial Support, Technical Division, Gender, Human Rights, and Culture Branch, New York" to Anja Slatten, [email protected], by 18 January 2017, 5:00 PM New York time
- Organization: UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
- Location: New York City
- Grade: International Consultant
- Social studies
- Human Rights
- Gender Mainstreaming
- Finance and Banking
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-01-18