Food Security and Livelihood Talent Pool (Middle East Region) - Talent Pool
Rights Respected, People Protected
NRC currently has more than 2,000 staff in the Middle East region assisting people displaced by conflict in Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, Turkey, Jordan and Palestine. As a leading humanitarian organization, we support displaced persons by implementing programs across the Shelter, Education, Food Security, Information Counseling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) sectors with strong protection and resilience focus integrated into our programs.
We are now opening a call for resumes to create a talent pool for Food Security and Livelihoods professionals interested in the Middle East Region!
If you would like to be considered for our Middle East Region’s talent pool, we welcome your application.
Purpose of the Talent Pool
As an organization NRC is committed to recruiting the right people at the right time and place. To help meet this goal, we are seeking experienced technical experts with a background in humanitarian aid to join us by becoming a part of our talent pool. The talent pools were created as a way to engage and maintain relationships with high-potential, qualified professionals who are motivated to be part of our team!
All applications will be reviewed and, based on your background and experience, one of our recruiters may contact you for a pre-screening interview. If your skills are a good fit then your profile will be added to our talent pool and we may reach out periodically to explore your interest in new positions that open within NRC.
We also encourage you to visit NRC’s job site where new openings are added regularly.
- Develop food security and livelihood strategy, technical guidance and Macro LFA’s
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports
- Identify trends, technical standards and donor priorities
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within the programme, ensure high technical quality and synergies in projects implementations
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from Food Security and Livelihood implementation, and incorporate them in Food Security and Livelihood programme and staff development processes
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of technical staff
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/Clusters/Sectors, including with national authorities and donors
- Promote the rights of displaced persons in line with the advocacy strategy
Generic professional competencies:
- Minimum 4 years of experience within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Experience in both emergency, resilience and livelihoods programming
- Experience in cash programming
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of the context in the Middle East is an advantage
- Experience with living in basic conditions and with field travel.
- Experience from advocacy work is an advantage
- Experience with emergency and recovery work
- Agricultural / Forestry / Aquaculture
- Bachelor's / Master’s degree in a related field
- Handling insecure environments
- Strategic thinking
- Empowering and building trust
- Initiate action and change
Please take note:
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that they have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
These posts are often located in non-family duty stations.
For more jobs follow us on Twitter @nrc_jobs
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Beirut
- Grade: Mid level
- Security and Safety
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2017-09-18