Graphic Design Consultant, New York Headquarters, ICTD
New York City (United States of America)
As a member of the ECM, a graphic designer is needed to deliver creative assets for use in communications activities, across a range of platforms and for a diverse set of audiences. The consultant will work collaboratively with the Communications Specialist and strategize on the purpose, design and format of the resources.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Enterprise Content Management (ECM) is a formalized means of organizing and storing an organization's documents, and other content, that relate to the organization's processes. The term encompasses strategies, methods, and tools used throughout the life cycle of the content.
Purpose of the Assignment:
As a home-based, part-time member of the ECM, a graphic designer is needed to deliver creative assets for use in communications activities, across a range of platforms and for a diverse set of audiences. The consultant will work collaboratively with the Communications Specialist and strategize on the purpose, design and format of the resources.
Assignment Tasks and Deliverables:
- Responsible for concept, design and digital production of materials including, but not limited to: color ads, newsletters, calendars, posters, brochures, reports, as well as subordinate graphics such as: charts, infographics, logotypes and illustrations.
- Prepare mechanicals and print-ready files.
- Participate in defining project vision and strategy with project team.
- Advise on the needs and capabilities of existing and potential services of interest to UNICEF.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Strong theoretical and practical background in graphic and information design.
- Portfolio which shows strong and dynamic design work in graphic and information design.
- Strong knowledge of use of different design platforms/software (such as Adobe Creative Suite software products, etc.)
- Clear, creative and mature style of design.
- Ability to communicate complex, abstract concepts through design.
Years of relevant experience
Minimum 3+ years experience in graphic production from start to published/printed product.
Fluency in English is required.
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable). Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization