Cash Distribution Manager
Cash Distribution Manager - Re-advertisement
Baghdad, Iraq with frequent travel to Salah-al-Din, Kerbala, Najaf, Anbar and Babylon governorates
Please note: Due to the urgency to fill the post, recruitment will be done on the rolling basis and DRC reserves the right to recruit before the deadline
Who are we?
Danish Refugee Council is a leading protection agency pursuing our mandate to protect and promote durable solutions to displacement-affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. In the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), DRC apply a regional approach with operational presence in Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey and Iraq.
Present in Iraq since 2003, DRC is today operational in the Kurdish governorates, in and around Baghdad and in several South-Central governorates. Focused both on the influx of Syrian refugees and the current IDP crisis, DRC is providing assistance in a range of sectors including Camp Coordination and Camp Management, Protection, Livelihoods, Emergency Response (including food security, cash, and NFIs), WASH, Shelter and Mine Action. The Iraq programme presently employs some 450 national staff and 45 international staff, and is growing to meet new, emerging needs associated with ongoing and recent conflict in multiple locations.
About the job
Cash Distribution Manager has overall supervision and coordination of all CASH assistance related activities, including, but not limited to, one-off emergency cash assistance and multi-month cash assistance; Management of unconditional and conditional cash assistance activities organised with support from the Baghdad office. She/He works in close relation with the Cash team and supervises the distribution teams in each location; Trains and enhances staff capacities on distribution cash management; Contributes to the harmonization of Cash programming guidelines across the country. Fluency in English required and Arabic is highly desirable Contributes to the fulfilment of the aims and objectives of DRC’s presence in Iraq.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the accurate assessment and mapping of households in need in target governorates, the regular review of registration data, and identify any discrepancies in the assessment and registration processes between registration and actual population;
- Liaise with relevant Information Management focal point(s) to develop cash beneficiaries lists;
- Liaise with relevant MEAL focal point for beneficiary verification and implementation of PDMs;
- Liaise with partner agencies of the Cash Consortium of Iraq to coordinate cash distributions and ensure that there’s no duplication of beneficiaries;
- Ensure distributions are conducted in a transparent and accountable manner as per DRC Iraq’s internal procedures and best practices;
- Ensure proper and safe filing of all cash distribution related documents (receipts, tracking tools, beneficiary identification documents, and beneficiary lists). Ensure proper documentation is safely kept and stored both physically and electronically;
- Organize and share tasks among the CASH team. Prepare relevant documents related to procurement, administration and human resources, according to the CASH assistance program needs and DRC internal procedures (OR, BOQs, leaves requests, movements plans, security clearances...etc.);
- Update indicator tracker on a weekly basis;
- Liaise with the Livelihoods and Cash coordinator for technical support on vulnerability assessment and cash distributions;
- Develop narrative reports as per the schedule provided by the Program Development team;
- Represent DRC in Cash Working Group meetings and support the Cash Working Group coordinator;
- Support, train and improve local staff capacities on distributions standards;
- Under the supervision of the HoO - and in close coordination with the Cash and Livelihoods Coordinator - recruit, provide supervision and coaching/on the job training of the distribution project staff, and undertake appraisal form when appropriate;
- Ensure budget utilization and physical target achievements are reviewed at least once a month as per work plan;
- Ensure that project activities develop and are implemented in line with DRC’s mandate, policies, procedures and country strategy, as well as with donors’ requirements and international protection guidelines;
- Contribute to refining of data collection, monitoring and reporting tools, and to the harmonization of distribution methodologies and tools across the country;
- Coordinate closely with the protection and livelihood programs to ensure the harmonization of approaches to cash across the sectors;
- Ensure effective coordination and collaboration with key stakeholders and partners -NGOs, civil society organizations, community groups, and government counterparts;
- Ensure the respect of DRC Code of Conduct, the confidentiality and humanitarian principles and contribute to the integration of protection mainstreaming into DRC distribution programming;
- Any other duties as directed by the Head of Office.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- University degree or higher education relevant to humanitarian work
- Professional or practical knowledge of Cash distribution strategies, policies and implementation modalities
- Cultural and gender sensitivity, adaptability – flexibility
- Proven experience of at least 2 years in humanitarian programming, preferably in an emergency or early recovery setting involving Cash distributions (design, managing and monitoring)
- Experience in international humanitarian work and refugee and/or complex IDP emergencies
- Experience of working in fragile and insecure environments
- Experience with managing teams and providing technical guidance, training and on the job capacity building
- Ability and willingness to work in a rapid-paced and highly stressful environment
- Experience working in a volatile environment and familiarity with remote management
- Ability to motivate and guide staff working in a complex conflict environment
- Fluency in English is required; Arabic highly desirable
- Experience from the Middle Eastern context preferred
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 6 months contract. You must be available to start work in February 2017 and be willing to live and work in Baghdad, Iraq.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at A15 of DRC’s salary scale. The R&R cycle for Baghdad is every 6 weeks.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button. All applications must include a cover letter explaining your motivation for applying for this position and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Applications without a cover/motivation letter will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 1 February 2017.
Need further information?
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Baghdad
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Cash-Based Interventions
- Closing Date: 2017-02-01