VN 2017/24 (P) - Regional Coordinator (DTM) (P3) - Bangkok, Thailand
Position Title Regional Coordinator (DTM)
Duty Station : Bangkok, Thailand
Classification :Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 01 February 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo
Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia,
Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya,
Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Mauritania, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, United Republic of Tanzania, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela
(Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the DOE Regional Thematic Specialist and the direct supervision of the Information Management Officer and in coordination and collaboration with the DTM Support team in Headquarters (HQs) and the relevant countries’ focal points, the successful candidate will be responsible for the support and coordination of the implementation of corresponding Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) multi-regional projects in relation to the migration flows research and survey studies.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Manage the overall implementation of Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) regional projects related to the migration flows from countries such as, but not limited to Afghanistan, Ethiopia, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria and Pakistan towards Europe.
2. Design, plan, and coordinate the implementation of desk review and primary data collection across the relevant countries, including quantitative and qualitative data collection with multi-layered data collection techniques to ensure all the required data is gathered as timely and accurately as possible.
Page 1 / 43. Coordinate the data management processes, including the development and implementation of data collection tools, between the relevant countries’ operations and the DTM Support team. 4. Responsible for the production of all the required and relevant analysis, reports and other information products included as projects deliverables; Coordinate with the Data Analyst based in other DTM locations, for required technical support from DTM Support team to ensure the products are produced in time as scheduled.
5. Regularly monitor projects progress and anticipated delays, propose and implement all necessary adjustment and follow up, and provide guidance and coordinate technical and operational support as needed to ensure activities are on track and in accordance to the agreed projects schedules.
6. Regularly monitor, propose, and implement all necessary modifications in compliance to the relevant IOM policies, especially on Data Protection and information and communication technology (ICT) standard on data and information security.
7. Coordinate project staff, prepare and organize training for staff on project activities as needed.
8. Design and implement mechanism and operational frameworks for data and information sharing and dissemination for key stakeholders, taking into account the overall aspect of data sensitivity and accountability.
9. Liaise and represent IOM at meetings and events where these projects are being discussed; Liaise with external data owners, donors and potential donors on the relevant subjects. 10. Regular travel to the concerned countries in relation to the implementation of all the above responsibilities.
11. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Political or Social Science, Law, Management, Information Management, Disaster Risk Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Experience in managing or coordinating quantitative and qualitative data research study, including on desk review, data management and analysis; Proficiency on data management or data analysis software e.g. MS-Excel is an advantage;
• Experience in humanitarian emergencies;
• Experience in the development and implementation of the Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) or similar assessment and information management activities;
• Demonstrated ability to supervise and manage staff at an operational level in humanitarian emergencies;
• Experience and knowledge on Afghanistan, Ethiopia, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria and Pakistan in the context of Migration;
• Experience to coordinate project activities across multiple countries is an advantage. Languages
Page 2 / 4Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Urdu, Pashtu or Dari is an advantage. Desirable Competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders; • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others; • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 01 February 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 19.01.2017 to 01.02.2017
Requisition: VN 2017/24 (P) - Regional Coordinator (DTM) (P3) - Bangkok, Thailand (54942564) Released
Page 3 / 4Posting: Posting NC54942606 (54942606) Released
Page 4 / 4