VN 2017/34 (P) - Senior Treasury Officer (P4) - Geneva, Switzerland
Position Title Senior Treasury Officer
Duty Station :Geneva, Switzerland Classification Professional Staff, Grade P4
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 05 February 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo
Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia,
Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya,
Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Mauritania, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, United Republic of Tanzania, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela
(Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
3. External female candidates.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Treasury, the successful candidate will play an active role in the further development of the Treasury technical landscape, risk mitigation strategies and policies, affecting IOM’s Treasury operations across its global office footprint. S/he will be responsible for leading projects to modernize IOM’s banking solutions, payment and cash management structures and to provide robust technical focus in dealing with IOM’s banking and Fintech partners. Risk management, based on evaluation of counterparties and investment management, will be a priority together with internal reporting and policy development.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Provide technical input to automated bank payment processes and bank reporting through Page 1 / 4swift and host to host based solutions.
2. Where relevant, provide technical assistance on the use and development of IOM platforms for Treasury operations across IOM and implementations of Host to Host based payment systems across IOM. Liaise with IOM and Banking IT team and functional units to resolve technical issues.
3. Develop strategies for the future centralization of bulk payment files in IOM with regard to standardizations and cost elements.
4. Propose technical input required for developing deal matching with counterparties though SWIFT based platforms.
5. Provide technical input in developing ad hoc solutions for IOM missions and programs using, for example, mobile money and data wallets solutions.
6. Advise and support the provision and procurement of other banking services to missions e.g., cards and cash delivery.
Policy and Legal
7. Lead the technical areas of concluding necessary legal framework around foreign exchange and derivative trading, in particular International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA) master agreements and in global master bank agreements.
8. Support the conclusion of general banking compliance requirements with international banks across all areas of the organization.
9. Enhance and further develop investment policy.
10. Liaise with IOM Legal Department in advising on contractual matters with IOM partner banks.
11. Propose solutions to enhance Treasury policies and practices in Headquarters (HQs) and field offices.
12. Lead the analysis and development of mitigation of global risk across IOM Treasury functions and positions.
13. Analyse risk associated with Treasury operations in the missions in all IOM’s locations with banking functionality.
14. Lead the analysis of credit risk associated with IOM Treasury counterparties. 15. Provide technical input in developing Foreign Exchange (FX) exposure reporting tools, analysis of risk from foreign exchange movements and FX risk mitigation strategy. 16. Assist in developing Business Continuity Policy planning and implementation. 17. Maintenance of Treasury global risk register and development of training materials for field colleagues in Treasury risk management.
18. Provide input as needed for the preparation of Treasury Risk Committee meetings. Cash Management structures and relationships
19. Support the development of cash pools and sweeps to optimise IOM’s cash management Page 2 / 4and minimise risk.
20. Support the development of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for banking services in various IOM regions.
21. Lead in developing workflows and tools to facilitate localized exotics purchasing to regional offices.
22. Lead the Treasury team in the absence of the Chief of Treasury.
23. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Finance or a related field from an accredited academic institution with seven years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with nine years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Experience in corporate transaction banking, preferably with a major international bank; • Experience in SWIFT based messages, transaction processing and other SWIFT communications
• Experience in a banking implementation project including: bank account opening processes, communications set for processing payments from ERP to bank, service level agreements, pricing and tailoring etc.
• Sound and proven understanding of various international bank regulations, including KYC and AML processes.
• Knowledge of payment file technical specifications, standards and types, including ISO 20022. • Knowledge of SAP is an advantage.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French or Spanish is an advantage. Desirable Competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders; • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others; • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
Page 3 / 4• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 05 February 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 23.01.2017 to 05.02.2017
Requisition: VN 2017/34 (P) - Senior Treasury Officer (P4) - Geneva, Switzerland (54946492) Released Posting: Posting NC54946493 (54946493) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Geneva
- Grade: P-4, International Professional
- Finance and Banking
- Closing Date: 2017-02-19