Warehouse Assistant, GS-5 (Liberian Nationals Only)
Seeking duly qualified Liberian nationals for a newly created position in the Supply Unit, Operations Section of UNICEF Liberia.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position:
Under the general supervision of the Logistics Specialist, P-3, the incumbent performs a variety of specialized duties related to the administration of the UNICEF warehouse and inventory.
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks:
- Responsible for receiving, storing and recording supplies, maintaining the accuracy and integrity of physical stock levels. Operate the Vision software.
- Ensure that orders received are dispatched efficiently and accurately within the specified timeframe.
- Support and facilitate the periodic physical count of inventory.
- Prepare reports on obsolete, missing or damaged items for PSB procedures.
- Providing inputs/feedback for the adequate maintenance of the conditions of the warehouse, reporting failures/needs in a timely manner.
- Oversee and instruct warehouse workers, ensuring their delivery of services in accordance with the established TORs.
- Performs other duties, as required.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
To view our competency framework, please click here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Monrovia
- Grade: GS-5, General Service
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2017-02-14