Donor Relation Manager (m/f)
Job Title: Donor Relation Manager
Req ID 243 - Posted 24/01/2017 - N/A - >5 Years - Full Time
Welthungerhilfe (www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of
Donor Relation Manager (m/f)
The postition is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration for two years. Employment location will be Bruxelles, Belgium.
The overall objectives of the position are to improve the profile and visibility of Welthungerhilfe as an important player in humanitarian assistance and development cooperation, with a special focus on Food and Nutrition Security as well as to increase and stabilize institutional funding from EU institutions. The position will be based in Bruxelles and be hosted by Alliance2015 Bruxelles Office.
- Act as a main contact person for assigned donors, in order to build up strong, strategic partnerships and to strengthen a clear profile of Welthungerhilfe
- Participation in donor meetings and international donor conferences as well as preparation and support of high-level donor visits
- Identification of financing opportunities and transmitting the information to all relevant units
- Compilation of information about relevant guidelines, policies and trends
- Ensuring high quality proposals and reports, that are compliant with donor regulations
- Exploration of new business potentials and cooperation models among existing and new donors
- Ad hoc support of emergency aid applications (Rapid Response Funds)
- Close Collaboration with the Donor Relations Managers, Grants & Contract Manager as well as the Policy & External Relations department in Bonn
- University Degree in International Cooperation or similar field
- Extensive experience working in international cooperation, especially in Sustainble Food & Nutrition Security
- Good knowledge on Bruxelles based institutions
- Strong cooperation and negotiation skills
- Readiness and very good ability to work in an intercultural environment
- Ability to cooperate with internationally-active donors and simultaneously with international and national staff across the world
- Readiness and ability to work in changing teams that are individually formed to achieve defined goals
- Excellent representational skills
- Fluent in French and English. German is an asset
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Furthermore, we facilitate a flexible organisation of working time as well as a healthy work-life balance. The performance oriented remuneration is based on an in-house salary scheme. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer. Disabled persons will be considered preferentially in the event of equal qualification.
We are looking forward to your application via our online recruiting system by February 15, 2017. In the case of any queries regarding your application, please contact Ina Stepka (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Organization: Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V.
- Location: Bruxelles
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2017-02-15