VN 2017/35 (P) - Multimedia Officer (P2) - Geneva, Switzerland
Position Title Multimedia Officer
Duty Station :Geneva, Switzerland Classification Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 08 February 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo
Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia,
Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya,
Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Mauritania, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, United Republic of Tanzania, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela
(Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
The Media and Communications Division (MCD) of IOM is comprised of experienced communications professionals based in Geneva but also in Washington, Bangkok and Manila. The team provides advice and support on media and public information issues to IOM Headquarters (HQs) and missions worldwide. It is responsible for media relations as well as producing a variety of other public information materials, including official statements to mark special events, information folders, fact sheets and press briefing notes on specific IOM activities.
Under the direct supervision of the Media and Communications Officer, the successful candidate will focus on supporting the timely and professional presentation of audio-visual communications outputs to the media, general public and internally within IOM. These materials include press releases and briefing notes, photographs from the field, infographics, flyers, presentations and video.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Provide technical support to capture live events in audio-video format and produce of documental/promotional content for the development and implementation of IOM Page 1 / 4communications, including perception change campaigns and community engagement. 2. Edit audio-visual material produced through the organization, to effectively engage audiences and enhance IOM’s brand globally.
3. Support the Office of the Director General and HQs based divisions in the production of internal video messages and other audio-visual assignments to support dissemination of relevant issues to IOM staff worldwide.
4. Propose, develop and/or review storylines for instructional and promotional audio-visual projects, based on MCD guidelines and with a special attention and sensitivity to gender issues, staff and beneficiary security, and audio-visual legal affairs (copyright, consent). 5. Ensure that all multimedia communications promote and support the implementation of the Organization’s gender policy, by ensuring that a gender perspective is integrated, assisting to raise awareness on gender and migration-related issues.
6. Provide technical guidance to field missions to produce social media content through the compilation and adaptation of existent audio-visual materials.
7. Support the digital workflow and archival for images and videos in the media library and social media channels; and facilitate efficient retrieval of the audio-visual material required by MCD and field missions.
8. Optimize the multimedia work space at HQs and establish a cataloguing/ storing system for the organization’s audio-visual equipment.
9. Conduct technical multimedia trainings for field staff in missions worldwide to improve their audio-visual outputs.
10. Provide technical inputs for field missions developing TORs for external videographers in order to ensure that all production aspects are covered to avoid hidden or unforeseen costs; and to ensure that the end products received are in the right formats and include working files, to allow for future use of the material.
11. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Media and Communications, Digital Video Production or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or • University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Experience in media and communications with an emphasis on multimedia and marketing tools;
• Previous experience in video editing and production;
• Proficient in content editing platforms including Final Cut, Photoshop among others; • Knowledge of graphic design, web, and social media platforms.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud applications such as Dreamweaver, Lightroom etc. • Previous experience with communications and/or perception change campaigns. Languages
Page 2 / 4Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage. Desirable Competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders; • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others; • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 08 February 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
Page 3 / 4From 26.01.2017 to 08.02.2017
Requisition: VN 2017/35 (P) - Multimedia Officer (P2) - Geneva, Switzerland (54951060) Released Posting: Posting NC54951084 (54951084) Released
Page 4 / 4