Logistics & IT Assistant - (only open for Afghan nationality) - Job Location: Kunduz - Afghanistan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization specialized in assisting and advocating for the rights of refugees, returnees and internally displaced people (IDPs).
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- Manage the day to day logistics activities at Kunduz office and provide line management support to direct reports.
- Ensure that procurement activities in Kunduz office are carried out according to SOPs, supplier database is updated, procurement tracking sheets are shared and files/records are well maintained.
- Ensure that assets and equipment are recorded, tagged, data updated and managed according to assets SOPs. Coordinate with Kabul SO as it may be required.
- Manage use, maintenance and servicing of vehicle fleet & generators and ensure that carpool report is produced accurately. Fuel is well managed & records are maintained.
- Ensure that all vehicles are equipped with first aid kits, fire extinguishers, tool kits and other necessary tools/items, as it may be suggested by security team from time to time.
- Ensure that all facilities/equipment in Kunduz office and guest house are regularly serviced/ repaired and remain in good condition.
- Managing Kunduz warehouse and ensure that all items are received, dispatched and stored properly. Stock cards, Bin cards are accurately done and monthly stock reports is produced/shared
- matters related to dispatch/delivery with Mazar/Kabul, for goods procured from those
- Ensure utility bills are paid on time and issues of maintenance are addressed.
- Maintain file for all contracts (lessee agreement, rental vehicle, service and goods) and ensure that all original contracts/agreements are kept in a secure manner.
- Compile monthly/quarterly logistics reports and send those to Kabul SO in time
- Assembles and configures network components and associated services
- Establishes network users, user environments, directories, and security for networks being installed.
- Provides users with network technical support
- Ensures that the Internet is performing at maximum capacity and speed in the most cost effective manner
- Any other task provided by the line manager or supervisor
- Bachelors level education or equivalent in General administration and IT.
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role/position in an INGO or humanitarian agency.
- Previous experience of working in a complex and volatile security context.
- Good in English, both written and verbal
- Good computer skills - MS Office & database.
- Good control and supervisory skills
- Good communication skills in Local Languages (Dari/Pashto) both verbal and written
- Administration / Organisation / Management
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labow Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Kunduz
- Grade: Assistant
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2017-02-12