Information Management Officer
The Information Management Officer will implement planned activities in formal and in informal IDP sites. (S)He will:
- Ensure information collected in the camp and outside of the camp is updated according to the standards agreed with the Project Manager
- Ensure information dissemination is done in a timely and understandable manner to all actors in camps (IDPs, NGOs, Government...)
- Support and train local authorities or IDP site representatives on the use of CCCM information management tools.
- Propose and support development of new assessments tools
Reports to: The position reports to the CCCM Officer
- Create and update an accurate database of the camp population.
- Support the regular transfer/channeling of collected data and information to other relevant stakeholders (e.g. national authorities, Cluster Coordinators, REACH, IOM and UNHCR) using agreed upon templates and respecting time frames.
- Design of necessary data collection forms by using Survey CTO or DRC internal web-based application, ensuring that the purpose and use of data collected is clear and that questions are simple, clear and collectible.
- Organize and manage data input from data collection forms and conduct initial analysis of the data.
- Importing data from data collection forms by using DRC internal web-based application, for easy access and retrieval.
- Assistance in development an internal web-based application for information sharing, testing/debugging and identify any technical problems.
- Support the documentation of activities, contact and project information on all the actors present in the camp or informal settlements, e.g. service mapping.
- Attend and facilitate, if necessary, meetings with relevant stakeholders relating to information management.
- Support the Project Manager and other actors in strengthening information management and information sharing that supports all service provision, including: distributions, community mobilization, assessments, technical works, etc.
- Provide technical inputs to any assessments in the camp.
- Support the establishment of a complaints and case referral mechanism which ensures confidentiality
- The Information Management Officer position is primarily field-based, and foresees regular presence in Al Alam Camp and informal sites in Tikrit
- The Information Management Officer may undertake any other tasks, within the framework of his/her position, as requested by his/her supervisor.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in information management / IT related work, specifically developing and maintaining databases, as Microsoft Excel/Access, and use of info graphics/visual software.
- Experience in mobile data collection (ODK/ Survey CTO/Kodotollbox etc.)
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming
- Minimum 1 year of experience in international and/or local NGO; ideally involved in the direct implementation of field level humanitarian assistance to refugees or IDPs.
- Proven experience in conducting humanitarian assessments.
- Proven leadership skills and experience in creating, establishing and negotiating relationships and building alliances and networks with various stakeholders at community and local and national levels.
- Ability to write reports in English.
- Advanced university degree is an asset.
- Experience in training and capacity-building of staff.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- Knowledge of ODK and mobile data collection tools.
- Extensive knowledge of the Syrian refugee crisis and Iraqi displacement.
- Competency profile:
- Teamwork Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Planning Skills
- Initiative (proactive)
- Result-oriented and Accountability
- Spoken and written English and Arabic are essential.
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that applications sent directly to email@example.com will not be considered.
Interested? Apply for this position by clicking HERE then click Apply for position. All applicants should send a cover letter and an updated CV no longer than four pages, both in English. Your CV should also include contact details of three professional referees.
Please note: that given the urgency of vacancy the position may be filled before the due date.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Tikrit
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-02-12