Drive DRC staff and assets/equipment in a safe and reliable manner, maintain the safety and good running condition of DRC vehicle being used.
- Reports to: Logistic Officer
- Subordinates: N/A
- To drive DRC staff safely 40 hours per week scheduled and agreed with line manager on weekly basis;
- To ensure the car is always at minimum half a tank and to re-fuel when necessary;
- To ensure the cars are in a clean condition on a daily basis;
- To perform general check up on the cars (engine oil, brake oil, tyre pressure, wiper fluid, radiator fluid, etc) to make sure the car is road worthy in the morning.
- To complete all tasks related to the VIMS (Vehicle Information Management System)
- Respect of national driving laws;
- No usage of a mobile phone while driving;
- Wear a seatbelt at all times;
- Ensure that passengers are wearing their seatbelts;
- No eating while driving;
- No smoking in the car;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager;
- Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Iraq programme Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Code of Conduct.
- 3 years of previous driving experience in a similar position.
- Good communication skills (reading, writing, speaking).
- Spoken and written Kurdish and/or Arabic is essential
- Fluent English is desirable
- Punctual and reliable
- Knowledge of local area
- Willingness to travel between Governorates (Kirkuk and Erbil)
- Experience of working with UN or Non-Governmental Organisations.
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- Knowledge of the Syrian refugee crisis.
- Analytical Skills
- Planning Skills
- Teamwork Skills
- Initiative (proactive)
- Result-oriented and Accountability
- Spoken and written Kurdish and/or Arabic is essential and/or English is appreciated.
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework.
Interested? Apply for this position by clicking HERE then click Apply for position. All applicants should send a cover letter and an updated CV no longer than four pages, both in English. Your CV should also include contact details of three professional referees.
Please note: that given the urgency of vacancy the position may be filled before the due date.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Kirkuk
- Grade: International Volunteer
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2017-02-11