Ideas Box and Psychosocial Support Assistant (National Contract)
We are looking for a highly qualified Ideas box and psychosocial support assistant implement the Psychosocial Support component of DRC intervention and is responsible for the Ideas Box project. where particular emphasis will be placed on grounding interventions within an inclusive environment that empowers both host Jordanian and displacement-affected communities to develop common skills and approaches to solving the problems they face.
Who are we?
DRC is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. With the vision that no displaced person must be in want of help to find protection and durable solutions, DRC provides assistance and protection to conflict-affected in many of the major conflicts in Asia, Africa and Middle East. The assistance can consist of relief and other humanitarian aid, rehabilitation and support to returning home, and the promotion of durable solutions.
About the job
Ideas box and psychosocial support assistant will be identified according to organisational needs. The job description is not prescriptive; but the key responsibilities and duties of the post which are subject to change over time. Changes according to the organisational needs will be made in consultation with staff concerned, in compliance with any policies and procedures of DRC.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Facilitating access to online and offline training modules for the Ideas Box that strengthen youth capacity to identify and enrol in formal and non-formal education programs such as Edraak and Inzone.
• Facilitation of services around the issues of skills building, psycho-social support, bridging child friendly spaces and protection through a community-based participation of the Ideas Box activities.
• Working closely with the Senior PSS Officer and the Senior Livelihood Officer to ensure that all the goals and activities are met in a timly manner with quality.
• Responsible on all of the Ideas Box’s tools and equipments and keeping them safe.
• Implementing/ assisting in PSS activities in DRC community centers, including Child Friendly Spaces.
• Set up and develop community based Psychosocial Support Activities for all age groups with the Ideas box applications.
• Facilitating of group counseling processes, including selection of group members and group facilitation;
• Ensuring that all work with beneficiaries is confidential and that ethical practices are observed at all times.
• Develop and promote clear and inclusive practices that promote a culture of respect for all participants.
• Ensure protection principles, child friendly space SoPs, and ‘do no harm’ are mainstreamed in psychosocial activities.
• Support community centers volunteers in implemting Psychosocial activities; providing them with the needed technical support and on on job coaching.
• Review and compile weekly PSS volunteers activity plans.
• Support senior officer in capacity building and the training for community center volunteers in the relevant topics.
To be successful in this role you must have:
• Bachelor degree in social work, social sciences, mental health and psychology, sociology or a relevant equivalent;
• Strong computer skills (Excel, Microsoft, PowerPoint,Outlook and internet).
• At least one year experience working with local organizations in community services in a similar capacity
• Proven experience in facilitating psychosocial support activities for women, children, youth and vulnerable groups
• Experience facilitating trainings/mentoring
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant Ten months contract including three months as probation period, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work as soon as possible and be willing and able to work in East Amman -Jordan.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at Grade C.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 15- February -2017.
Need further information?
Please note that applications sent directly to [contact name] will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Amman
- Grade: Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education - Administrative support
- Administrative support
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2017-02-15