Psychosocial Support Officer (National Contract)
We are looking for a highly Psychosocial Support (PSS) Officer to implement the Psychosocial Support component of the Sanad Community Center in Nuzha, East Amman.
Who are we?
DRC is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. With the vision that no displaced person must be in want of help to find protection and durable solutions, DRC provides assistance and protection to conflict-affected in many of the major conflicts in Asia, Africa and Middle East. The assistance can consist of relief and other humanitarian aid, rehabilitation and support to returning home, and the promotion of durable solutions.
About the job
The PSS Officer conducts support groups for adults and oversees implementation of psychosocial support activities for all ages e.g. using Child Friendly Spaces, psycho-educational activities, recreational activities and youth empowerment activities. Particular emphasis will be placed on activties that empower both refugee and Jordanian communities to develop skills and techniques for solving problems in their daily lives.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Plan, develop and implement PSS activites in the community center in a participatory manner
• Plan and facilitate psychosocial support group activities
• Develop well structured plans for all psychosocial activites (child friendly space, psycho-educational, youth empowerment, recreational etc.)
• Conduct intake and post-session assessments for all PSS beneficiaries
• Ensure timly referral and follow up of cases in need of further support
• Conduct group meetings and brainstorming sessions with beneficiaries for PSS related activities
• Regularly monitor activities and provide feedback to staff to ensure high quality implementation of program activities
• Build the capacities of volunteers, including trainings in PSS, to facilitate participatory and inclusive activities
• Weekly and monthly reports on progress against targets
• Contribute to data entry and analysis of gathered information.
• Prepare order requests to use funds for psychosocial support activities in line with DRC policies and procedures
• Ensure that protection is mainstreamed in all PSS activities and that activities are compliant with DRC Policies, Standard Operating Procedures (e.g. Child Safeguarding Policy and Child Friendly Space SOPs) and Accountablity Principles.
• Attend trainings related to line of work.
To be successful in this role you must have:
• Tertiary qualifications in psychology, social work, social sciences, mental health, sociology or relevant equivalent experience;
• Proven experience in planning and facilitating psychosocial support activities for women, children, youth and vulnerable groups
• Familiarity with IASC Guidelines on Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Emergency Settings
• Strong computer skills (Excel, Microsoft, PowerPoint and Outlook);
• Experience in providing training in the field of PSS
• at least 2 years experience in running and managing children and adult group activities.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant Ten months contract including three months as probation period, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work as soon as possible and be willing and able to work in East Amman -Jordan.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at Grade D.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 15- February -2017.
Need further information?
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Amman
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2017-02-15