Child Protection Officer (Social Assistance), NOA, Ankara Turkey (TA)
If you would like to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children, we are sourcing for a talented Child Protection Officer like you to join our team. (Only for nationals of Turkey)
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
Under the general guidance of the supervisor, the Child Protection Officer is accountable for supporting the implementation of the Child Protection component of the Conditional Cash Transfer for Education Programme (CCTE) targeting Syrians under temporary protection and other refugees in Turkey. Technical support will be provided throughout the different phases of the programme cycle but with a stronger focus on implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
The Child Protection Officer will also support coordination efforts with other UNICEF sections involved in the implementation of the Programme as well as with all other relevant stakeholders (provincial directorates of Ministries, local governments, other UN agencies and civil society).
Key Expected Results
- Ensures that the Child Protection Component of the CCT for Education Programme is implemented adequately and in accordance to quality standards.
- Supports the supervisor in ensuring the adequate monitoring of the programme including benchmark and performance indicators to assess/strengthen performance accountability, coherence and ensure the delivery of concrete and sustainable results.
- Supports the roll out of training programmes for CSO front line workers to ensure the adequate utilization of monitoring tools.
- Supports assessments of the technical capacity of partners in order to guide the conceptualization and design of training programmes on child protection including principles for conducting home visits to vulnerable segments of the population.
- Supports the organization of capacity building programmes for front line staff.
- Supports the implementation of a service mapping exercise and the development of referral pathways to assist partner organizations in providing cases management to vulnerable children and their families.
- Submits inputs to the Supervisor for the preparation of assessment/monitoring and evaluation reports to identify gaps, strengths/weaknesses in programme and management and identify lessons learned.
- Supports awareness-raising and information sharing efforts to ensure that adequate information on the Programmes is transmitted to relevant stakeholders.
- Participates in field missions to regularly support partners and monitor the implementation of the Programme.
- Supports the establishment of effective relations with Ministries' provincial directorates (MoFSP), local government, NGOs and local leaders to ensure the smooth implementation of the programme.
- Regularly liaises and coordinates with implementing partners to ensure that progress is made in the achievement of programme objectives
- Provides assistance in the organization of meetings, seminars, events related to the Programme.
- Supports and takes part in relevant internal and external coordination mechanisms and ensure that child protection issues are adequately addressed.
UNICEF Programme Management
- Supports and contributes to overall management of child protection component of the CCT for Education Programme including design and planning, coordination, monitoring and evaluation.
- Provides support in offering technical support to partners to ensure the smooth implementation of the programme and the achievement of programme results within planned timelines.
- Supports the preparation of fundraising proposal and reports.
- Supports the preparation of other technical documents and human interest stories.
- When required, represents UNICEF in meeting, conferences, seminars, workshops, and other fora and engage in coordination groups and liaise with other relevant actors, programme partners to identify, streamline and build programme synergies and/or opportunities to implement common programme activities.
Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- A university degree in Economics, Public Policy, Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Science, or other relevant disciplines is required.
- Minimum of one year of relevant professional work experience is required.
- Field work experience is an asset.
- Prior work experience in emergency is an asset.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
Diversity and inclusion
Working with people
Drive for results
Formulating strategies and concepts
Applying technical expertise
Learning and researching
Planning and organizing
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Ankara
- Grade: NO-1
- Legal - International Law
- Closing Date: 2017-02-21