Consultancy: Face to Face Manager
The Private Sector Fundraising Section, UNICEF Thailand Country Office is seeking an individual consultant to assist in implementing and managing UNICEF’s in-house Face to Face programme.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Under the supervision of Fund Raising Officer, the consultant will perform the following tasks:
- Taking responsibility for donor acquisition targets
- Recruiting, training and retaining a new fundraising team ensuring in-house activity that maximizes net income for UNICEF.
- Monitoring cumulative, monthly and weekly performance of teams and individuals, identifying and acting on areas where improvement is needed.
- Implementing any necessary action to protect net income in the face of unforeseen events.
- Exercising rigorous attention to cost effectiveness and taking action maximizing ROI through initiatives including: staff retention; critical review of process and procedures; and monitoring of fundraiser performance by longer-term donor retention results.
- Developing a Quality Assurance activity to ensure fundraising is high quality.
- Providing leadership by setting high team standards. Ensuring the team leaders provide motivational and results focused management of team members.
- Being in the field as much as possible, leading from the front, ensuring the team is fulfilling target requirements and correct levels of motivation are being maintained through effective coaching and leadership skills.
- Managing recruitment as to ensure that shift levels are consistently meeting set targets.
- Ensuring that full and proper training is carried out for all face to face fundraisers.
- Providing regular feedback on how this activity has performed to the Fundraising team in Thailand.
- Ensuring that the face to face database is accurate and updated weekly with regards to fundraiser hours and pledges.
- Communicate with the Administration Assistant and ensure that they carry out their activities effectively, including their ability to obtain effective sites within budget.
The consultant would be paid on a monthly basis upon completion of the assignments and submission of deliverable report:
- To have met all donor KPIs set out in the budget, including (but not limited to) volume, average gift and retention.
- To have managed external agencies effectively, ensuring that they are meeting their agreed targets.
- To have met the shift target as set out in the budget on a consistent basis, including the number of team leaders by successful recruitment and staff retention.
- To have one or more members of staff with the skills to cover the Face to Face Manager in their absence.
- To have consistently obtained a sufficient volume of quality sites whilst working within the budget.
- To have received minimal complaints and high quality mystery shopping reports.
- Overall, to have developed a strong team of motivated fundraisers and a pool of potential candidates that could expand the face to face activity in other regions.
Estimated Duration of Contract: 11.5 months over the period of February 2017 –January 2018 (with possibility of extension). The consultant is expected to work 5 days per week including Saturday/Sunday.
Official Travel: Travel in and around Bangkok on a daily basis and occasional field trip.
Qualifications or Specialized Knowledge/Experience Required:
- University degree in related field, i.e. Marketing, Communication, preferred.
- A minimum of four years of relevant experience in the field of supporting sales/marketing or fundraising combined with some administrative work experience.
- Experience in Face-to-Face Fundraising, Management or Sales is preferred.
- Understanding of UNICEF brand and general knowledge of UNICEF activities.
- Good communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Tact, discretion, self-starter and good judgment.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Computer proficiency.
- Approachable, outgoing, resourceful and an eagerness to learn.
- Highly Proficient in both Thai and English (verbal and written).
Interested candidates are requested to submit CV or P11, full contact information of minimum 2 references, availability, and proposed monthly professional fee in THB by 15 February 2017.
Only short listed candidates will be notified.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Bangkok (Thailand)
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-02-15