SVN 2017/16 (P) - Programme Officer (CCCM/Capacity Building) (P3) - Maiduguri, Nigeria
Position Title Programme Officer (CCCM/Capacity Building)
Duty Station :Maiduguri, Nigeria Classification Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 15 February 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo
Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia,
Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya,
Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Mauritania, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, United Republic of Tanzania, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela
(Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
Working under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and the direct supervision of the Senior Programme Coordinator (ER), in close collaboration with the Shelter/NFI & CCCM Cluster/Sector Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the management of the IOM capacity building programme to be implemented in close collaboration with the Government of Nigeria on disaster and displacement management and other related sectors and activities.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Conduct, in close collaboration with the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), the State Emergency Management Agencies (SEMA) and relevant government authorities, learning assessments of government authorities and partners at national and state levels. 2. Develop, together with NEMA, SEMA and the Shelter/NFI & CCCM cluster/sector, a capacity-building strategy as well as the corresponding emergency-related training programmes and materials on disaster and displacement management, aid and site maintenance. Page 1 / 33. Plan and coordinate the delivery of workshops and trainings. 4. Provide advice and technical assistance on different aspects of the training programme to the government's counterparts and cluster/sector partners.
5. Plan and organize the staff development and trainings for the IOM emergency related programmes.
6. Work closely with NEMA, SEMA, the Shelter/NFI & CCCM cluster/sector and humanitarian and development partners to synergize exiting training mechanisms and initiatives. 7. Gather, assess and compile training materials and facilitate the regular exchange of information within and between all authorities involved in emergency preparedness and response.
8. Ensure improved access to training materials available and identify needs and gaps in training.
9. Liaise with national and state authorities, programme partners, civil society, the international community and donors.
10. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Social Science, Education, Business Administration, Human Resources, Migration Studies or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Experience in developing and implementing training projects or programmes; Experience in capacity-building, Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM);
• Preferably within the United Nationals Common System and the International Humanitarian Field;
• Excellent drafting skills;
• Work experience in a resource-limited setting and rapidly changing environment, ideally in the Central and West Africa region;
• Preferably within the International Humanitarian Field and within the Organizations within the UN Common System;
• Ability to travel extensively to the field.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of any local language is an advantage. Desirable Competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders; Page 2 / 3• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others; • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile. Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 15 February 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 02.02.2017 to 15.02.2017
Requisition: SVN 2017/16 (P) - ProgrammeOfficer(CCCMCapacityBuilding)(P3)-Maiduguri,Nigeria (54959380) Released
Posting: Posting NC54959402 (54959402) Released
Page 3 / 3
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Maiduguri
- Grade: P-3, International Professional
- Development Cooperation
- Closing Date: 2017-02-15