Content Editor (Communication), (NO-2), Beijing, China
We are seeking a committed and diligent wordsmith who enjoys working with a team of motivated staff to ensure the quality of language especially when adapting our communication assets from English to Chinese, and developing information and advocacy materials with key messages related to children’s rights.
United Nations Children's Fund is seeking a
Content Editor (Communication)
at NO-B level for a fixed-term appointment in Beijing
UNICEF is the leading United Nations organization for children. As a key voice for children's issues in China and beyond, we are looking to strengthen our capacity for content development in support of our communication and advocacy efforts targeting a variety of audiences. We are now seeking a committed and diligent wordsmith, who enjoys working with a team of motivated staff to ensure the quality of language especially when adapting our communication assets from English to Chinese and developing information and advocacy materials with key messages related to children's rights.
- Review and edit Chinese texts and publications dealing with a wide range of subjects including those of an exceptionally sensitive, complex or technical nature.
- Manage Chinese translation needs, both from English to Chinese and Chinese to English, as requested by the Country Office and UNICEF Headquarters.
- Supervise and guide translators, designers and production personnel to help them work with UNICEF terminology.
- Support to developing information and advocacy materials such as brochures, booklets, press kits, reports and books, in Chinese.
- Prepare, collect and disseminate terminological materials and internal instructions on editorial matters and work procedures.
- Provide back-up support to accommodate any urgent translation requests.
- University Degree in Translation, Interpretation, Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, Literature or other relevant fields.
- At least two to five years of relevant professional working experience in English-Chinese translation, interpretation, polishing, content editing, communication, print and broadcast media, or interactive digital media.
- Familiarity with content publishing standards.
- Ability to coordinate the development of information materials.
- Experience of working with the UN or other international development organizations is an asset.
- Native Chinese speaker who is fluent in Mandarin and English writing and speaking.
Do you have?
- Respect for and adherence to UNICEF's core values of Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, and Integrity.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team working skills and capacity to work in a multicultural environment.
- Strong organization skills.
- Strong drive for results, setting high standards for the quality of work.
- Interest in learning and researching, gathering comprehensive information to support decision making.
If so, you are invited to apply for making a difference in the lives of Chinese children. Applications including a Cover Letter and a CV/resume shall be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or through www.unicef.org/employ (Requisition #502742) The deadline for receipt of applications is 19 February 2017.