Human Resources Officer (Nationals Only)-Gaziantep - Turkey
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
The purpose of the HR Officer position is day to day implementation of the Human Resources (HR) functions in Gaziantep office and sub-offices and to provide professional HR service for Staff.
- GENERIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise the work of the Admin Assistant and follow up on Administration tasks
- Prepare the monthly salary sheet for Gaziantep office with HR info updates
- Ensure staff contracts are updated and inform timely the line manager before contract expiration.
- Organize the induction schedule for all new staff and ensure they are receiving the necessary briefing and mentoring.
- Ensure that all staff receive due information/training on what it means to be a NRC Employee and expectation related to HR issues
- Fill and update NRC Gaziantep Recruitment tracking sheet
- Contribute to the update of employees’ personal files and database
- Ensure all issues concerning health, pension, safety and mental health and well-being are followed up
- Contribute to the development of generic job descriptions in cooperation with line managers.
- Implement all processes and procedures concerning recruitment, considering methods for advertisement, interviews and tests to find the best candidates.
- Contribute to the planning and follow up on performance analysis and to the development of staff training plans. Explore opportunities for staff training.
- Receive staff concerns and channel them to the management for action.
- Liaise with local authorities for any matter related to HR.
- Keep the staff and HR files in order and up-to-date.
- Experience from working as a HR Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Some knowledge of English.
- Good knowledge of HR concepts and challenges/solutions within the field
- Knowledge of the Turkish labour law
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and team working skills
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
- Fluency in Turkish (written/spoken) and English (spoken; written is desirable); knowledge of Arabic an asset.
- Academy college / University
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Commencement : February 2017
- Contract Period : 11 Months with a possibility of extension.
- Salary / Benefits: According to NRC Salary Scale
- Duty Station: Gaziantep / Turkey
- Application procedures and CV registration:
- Please note that you are required to enter the GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for BOTH company and location
- NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Gaziantep
- Grade: Junior
- Human Resources
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2017-02-16