NATIONAL POST: Administrative/HR Associate, Harare, Zimbabwe G-7
The HR/Admin Associate is located in Zimbabwe Country Office (CO) and is under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Operations Manager (OM) and as a member of the CO management team, the HR/Admin Associate provides quality services in areas of human resources, procurement and general administration in compliance with relevant rules, guidelines, processes and procedures. He/she takes a client-oriented, results-focused approach to interpreting the rules, procedures and guidelines and provides support and guidance to the CO.
In support of UNFPA’s strategic direction at the country level, the HR/Admin Associate contributes to country capacity and ensuring effective and efficient application of country office resources through support and monitoring in the following activities:
Human Resource Management;
General Administrative Services.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Secondary Education with specialized certification in Human Resources or Certification in Administration;
- University Degree in Human Resources, Business or Public Administration would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 7 years of progressively responsible Human Resources and/or administrative experience is required at the national or international level, in public or private sector;
- Ability to interpret administrative and personnel rules, regulations and procedures and explain them clearly and concisely;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and experience in handling of web based management systems;
- Previous experience in the UN would be an added advantage but not a requirement.
English and the national language of duty station.
- Organization: UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
- Location: Harare
- Grade: GS-7, General Service - Administrative support
- Human Resources
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2017-02-20