Risk Education Assistant x 4
Risk Education Assistants x 4
We are looking for 4 highly qualified Risk Education Assistants for our program in Turkey.
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organization, founded in 1956, that works in more than 35 countries around the world. DRC has been operating in Turkey since early 2013, working with by and large with non-camp Syrian refugees and affected host communities. DRC is committed to basic humanitarian principles; including impartiality and neutrality, and offers the highest standards of accountability to the people it serves. The overall objective for DRC in Turkey is the protection and promotion of durable solutions to displacement affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights with more immediate objectives focusing both on the immediate subsistence needs, protection and self-reliance support as well as a more long term focus on capacity building. In Turkey, DRC works partially through partners, also providing intensive capacity building support, while also conducting direct implementation.
About the job
Risk Education Assistant’s objective is to; implement the awareness raising activities for Syrian refugees and host communities, participate in developing and adapting the methods and materials used, support monitoring and evaluation of the project as well as reporting and documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide Risk Education Awareness Sessions to the Syrian refugee population based in Urfa province; and provide Risk Education Trainings when required
- Support to develop and improve ERW Risk Education materials together with the ERW Risk Education Officer and ERW Risk Education Coordinator (including translation)
- Prepare session reports, summary reports, and reports on all implemented activity
- Facilitate the day to day monitoring and impact monitoring of the implemented activities by the Risk Education Team Leader (including translation); with the support of ERW Risk Education Officer and ERW Risk Education Coordinator
- Ensure that all Risk Education activities are implemented to a high standard;
- Liaise with the community leaders to sensitize them on the RE project
- In coordination with the Team Leader ensure that all forms and questionnaires are accurate, of high quality and are adapted to the local context
To be successful in this role you must have university degree in a relevant field and teaching skills.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- University degree in a relevant field;
- Computer literate including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Teaching skills – at least 2 years of relevant professional experience with training/teaching/facilitation or similar
- Fluency in Arabic and/or Kurdish and excellent skills in English (written and spoken). Turkish is a plus.
- Commitment in social issues – previous experience with social work
- Previous experience with reporting, monitoring & evaluation
- Strong initiative and self-motivation, with a commitment to teamwork;
- Flexible, enthusiastic and willingness to learn from others;
- Ability to multi-task and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines;
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment;
- Commitment to the humanitarian principles;
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, in Arabic and English.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 10 months’ contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from 20 February 2017 and be willing and able to work in Şanlıurfa.
We offer a fair compensation package depending on your qualification and experiences as well as additional allowances such as relocation allowance and living allowances, if applicable. DRC Turkey is income tax exempted.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note.
CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com.
Applications close 14 February 2017. The interviews are expected to take place within 1 week after the application close date.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications sent directly to HR Team will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Sanliurfa
- Grade: Services and Support
- Education and Training
- Closing Date: 2017-02-14