Head of Strategy, Information and Support Unit - Field Operations Head Office
Only for internal NRC applicants
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
The Head of Strategy, Information and Support in Field Operations (FO) is managing a team if two and is member of the FO management team. The position is based in Head Office in Oslo.
The position is responsible for coordination of strategy and planning in FO. In 2017 the position will contribute to the further development of NRC strategy framework and will be responsible for the coordination and development of a new strategy for Field Operations for 2018-2020. Key aspects of the work include:
- Drive and facilitate the work in FO on NRC’s revision of strategy framework and tools in 2017 and support implementation of tools in the field
- Responsible for the overall coordination and development of a new strategy for Field Operations for 2018-2020
- Responsible for revision of reporting tool for triannual internal reporting from the field to Head Office. Ensure that lessons learned from analysis are documented, shared and fed into strategic development
- Responsible for FO’s follow up on overall organisational evaluations and reviews with a particular focus that learning is reflected in strategy and PoA work
- Support Director FO in miscellaneous strategic development work, including preparation of FO management team inputs to organisational decision making
- Responsible for sharing of information from FO within Field Operations and across the organisation. This includes publishing strategies and results on relevant platforms, contributing with content to induction course etc.
- Responsible for timely and relevant internal reporting, including triannual status reports (delegated to FO Reporting and Admin coordinator)
- Responsible for timely and relevant admin support to FO management team and the different sections in FO (delegated to FO Reporting and Admin coordinator)
- Responsible for timely and relevant finance support to different sections in FO (delegated to the FO Finance Coordinator)
- Relevant higher education and minimum 3-5 years of relevant Management/Leadership experience within the field of expertise
- Relevant field experience within the humanitarian field, preferably from working with NRC in the field
- Documented ability to deliver results and managing teams to deliver according to plan
- High degree of insight and knowledge of the international humanitarian system
- Strong analytical and strategic capacity, and ability to prioritize
- Networking and representation skills
- Excellent writing skills in both English and Norwegian
- Proactive attitude and ability to work independently and as a team
- It helps with a good sense of humour!
- Commencement: 1. April 2017
- Contract period: Temporary 1 year
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
- Duty station: Oslo, Norway
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Oslo
- Grade: Mid level
- Emergency Aid
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-02-19