Finance Assistant -Cash ( National Position) - Sana'a - Yemen
The responsibility of this position is to provide day to day financial accounting of all the financial transactions in compliance with Government and NRC financial policies and procedures.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents .
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Responsible for keeping the cash accounts.
- Conduct cash count every week and every month.
- Responsible for conducting the day to day payments for the Sana’a office and ensuring that all supporting documentation is compliant with NRC policies and procedures.
- Ensure that transactions are recorded in a timely and accurate manner and all documents are filed correctly.
- Ensure that all documents and files are kept according to NRC policy and can be easily retrieved for audits and other internal purposes.
- Assist in the retrieval of documents necessary for audits and document reviews as required.
- Ensure the monthly transactions vouchers scanned and saved in the sharepoint.
- Inform & advise the supervisor relating to breaches of policies, procedures, internal control, matters of misconduct, and other any other areas of concern.
- Liaise with the Taxation department to ensure compliance with national laws and regulations.
- Liaise with Alkuraimi for bank process payments.
- Liaise with the bank related transactions such as hand the cheque to the bank and cashing and deposit the same to either the suppliers or staff.
- Responsible to process payments from the field offices if there are any request from the field offices in Yemen.
- Participate in asset inventories and stock counts every year.
- Temporary assume duties of other finance team members when required such finance assistant role in the field offices.
- Other duties as required by the Finance Manager or her delegates.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience in a donor grants management role.
- Experience from working as a Support Function Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Finance / Economics
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Good office administration skills,Numerical skills.
- Good computer spreadsheet skills with exposure to computer based accounting systems.Good computer skills in MS Office.
- Excellent communication, including report writing skills.
- Accurate and with keen attention to detail.
- Some knowledge of English .
- Strong and proactive interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Good financial analysis skills
- Understanding of the Yemen environments
- Good knowledge of financial reporting systems.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well with people from diverse cultures and communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- 9 Months Contract with possibility of extension subject to funds.
- Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply .
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Sanaa
- Grade: Assistant
- Finance and Banking
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2017-02-13