Food Security Officer ( National Position) Aden - Yemen
The purpose of the officer position is day to day implementation of the FSL Project in Aden. The post holder will ensure all activities implemented in timely manner and with high quality.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated FSL project portfolio according to a plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Provide regular activity progress reports to FSL coordinator.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Ensure capacity building of project assistants & field monitors and transfer key skills .
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders at the field level.
- Supervise the implementation of all FSL activities with the technical support of the FSL coordinator.
- Develop timely and detailed monthly implementation plan of FSL activities in close coordination with the FSL teams and support departments. Review achievements and constraints in a weekly basis; and provide feedback accordingly.
- In charge of the day to day guidance of the FSL field staff making sure that the project implementations are in line with NRC technical guideline and donor regulations and are done on time with quality.
- Follow up on a daily basis with the support department (finance, logistics, HR and administration) to guarantee the smooth running of FSL activities that include movement planning, internal request, payments, HR, etc.
- Ensure that the security plan and procedure is adhered to in all operations, including staff movements, etc.
- Consolidate weekly and monthly activity progress reports.
- Follow up all NRC FSL activities implemented by local partners, government department and service providers.
- Identify training needs of FSL teams, partners and community committees and organize/facilitate training events as needed.
- Assist with the training of the FSL field teams to ensure they have a solid understanding of the project technical design, implementation approaches, NRC & donor’s policies and tools, including M&E tools.
- Lead on stakeholder sensitization and maintain good working relationship with all stakeholders in the respective geographic areas.
- Ensure adequate and safe records of all project deliveries (cash, vouchers, in-kind etc.) including but not be limited to beneficiary database, receipt, storage, dispatch and distributions.
- In close coordination with M&E team, ensure all monitoring and evaluating activities are carried out on time, and lessons learnt are shared and capitalized on.
- In collaboration with M&E, ensure that all FSL projects are monitored regularly, and data are collected on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Regularly visit the project sites to ensure that the implementation of activities is closely monitored and filed teams are appropriately supported.
- Bachelor degree preferably in agriculture, agro-economy, economy, social sciences, development studies or other relevant discipline.
- Proven experience from working as a Project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- English Language .
- Agricultural / Forestry / Aquaculture
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of the context in South of Yemen.
- Experience with start-up, exit or similar.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and creatively.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Planning and delivering results.
- Empowering and building trust.
- Communicating with impact and respect.
- Handling insecure environment.
- 9 Months contract with possibility of extension subject to availability of funds .
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply .
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Aden
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Security and Safety
- Emergency Aid
- Security and Safety
- Closing Date: 2017-02-15