Regional Monitoring & Evaluation Adviser Asia Europe - Head Office
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
The Asia Europe Regional Office based in Oslo, Norway, with more than 1,400 staff, oversees the assistance of displaced people in Greece, Ukraine, Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Myanmar. NRC’s work concentrates in the sectors of shelter, food security, education, camp management, legal assistance and water, sanitation and hygiene with strong protection and resilience focus integrated into very diverse programs. The NRC Asia Europe is continuously growing due to the dedicated and experienced staff working to the common goal of striving for excellence. With operations in many different contexts, the NRC Asia Europe Regional Office has a stimulating work environment and a motivated team to respond to the humanitarian needs in the region.
The purpose of the Regional M&E Adviser position is to assume the overall responsibility for the implementation of the M&E Framework in the region.
Following roll-out of NRC’s Global M&E system the Regional Adviser for Asia Europe, based in Oslo, is responsible for providing monitoring and evaluation technical support to the country offices in order to ensure that systems are established and implemented according to NRC guidelines and that M&E across the Asia Europe offices reaches a minimum standard. S/he will ensure continued progress of M&E systems across the region and build capacity in the country missions by supporting the implementation of effective, cost efficient, and meaningful systems. The Regional M&E Adviser also has responsibility for ensuring that monitoring and evaluation work plans and tools are developed and used for regional grants.
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Ensure establishment of the regional M&E Framework
- Promote the standardization of M&E processes throughout the region
- Provide technical support to programme staff and M&E Managers/Coordinators at country level on monitoring and evaluation processes including results measurement and data collection methodology
- Support Country Offices (CO) with implementation of the new results monitoring framework/system and the new global reporting system
- Provide analyses on indicator data to senior management
- Support development of CO level database tools
- Provide training on M&E to relevant staff in the region
- Provide technical guidance, assistance and direct support
- Development M&E regional priorities and planning for M&E
- Foster learning and evidence based decision making as a norm
- Ensure compliance to NRC requirements
- Build M&E capacity
- Minimum 5 years of relevant Manager/Adviser experience within the humanitarian field
- Graduate degree in directly related field, such as operations research, quantitative analysis, etc; significant work experience in directly related field will be considered in lieu of specific M+E related education
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Extensive professional knowledge in assessments and analysis
- Experience from working with overall strategy and planning
- Experience with working with data collection, management and analysis
- Documented results related to the position's responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Coping with change
- Contract period: 12 months
- Travel: Approximately 30%
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
- Duty station: Oslo, Norway
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location.
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Oslo
- Grade: Advisor
- Emergency Aid
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Closing Date: 2017-02-24