Events Coordinator Consultant
Events Coordinator Consultant Songdo,South Korea
The Green Climate Fund (“GCF”) is a new multilateral fund created to make a significant andambitious contribution to the global efforts towards attaining the goals set by the international community to combat climate change.
GCF will contribute to the achievement of the ultimate objective of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). In the context of sustainable development, GCF will promote the paradigm shift towards low-emission and climate-resilient development pathways by providing support to developing countries to limit or reduce their greenhouse gas emissions and to adapt to the impacts of climate change, taking into account the needs of those developing countries particularly vulnerable to the adverse effects of climate change.
GCF is governed by a Board, composed of an equal representation of developed and developing countries. The Fund is operated by an independent Secretariat headed by an Executive Director. GCF will pursue a country-driven approach in its operations.
The Secretariat of the Fund seeks to recruit an Events Coordinator Consultant to join its team at its headquarters in Songdo, Republic of Korea, for a period of six months. The Consultant will be responsible for leading the coordination of a number of important events throughout the duration of the consultancy.
Under the overall guidance of the Director of the Country Programming Division and in close coordination with the Division’s Country Dialogue Specialists, the Consultant will need to ensure effective and efficient coordination of all administrative and logistical arrangements for the organization of regional and country events.
The Events Coordinator Consultant will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Leadingtheorganization andexecutionof administrativeandlogisticalarrangements for internaland external GCF events, such as structured dialogues, country-focused workshops, project clinics, technical sessions, webinars, etc.;
- Liaising with internal and external clients to identify and coordinate preparatory needs, such as initiating and completing legal/contractual arrangements, and budget and procurement processes for key work streams such as contracting service providers, travel, accommodation, per diems, etc.;
- Drafting of supporting documents, including concept notes, timelines, ‘save the dates’, invitations, event outlines, tracking tables, participants’ guides, logistic notes, etc.;
- Managinginvitationandregistrationprocesses,includingpreparinginitiallistofparticipants,tracking of responses and follow up, as well as maintaining participants’ records (e.g. passport copies, visa requests, itineraries, etc.);
- Preparing participant materials, such as GCF-branded promotional items, and liaising with relevant headquarters’ colleagues to ensure timely delivery;
- Drafting post-event reports and summaries, participant surveys and other similar documentation to capture lessons learned and participant feedback; Conductingresearch forpotential meeting venues, hotels, A/Vsuppliers, caterersand other logistical arrangements; and
- Any additional operational tasks as assigned by the Director or Country Dialogue Specialists.
Required experience and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, with three (3) years of experience in event coordination, project management, marketing, or other related discipline;
- Strong competence and autonomy in the use of standard software programmes (e.g. MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access) as well as web-based applications (e.g. Google Docs, Forms);
- Fluency in English is essential (written and spoken); knowledge of another UN language an advantage;
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in response to the Fund's needs;
- Ability to deal with large volumes of work under time pressure with a high level of accuracy;
- Strong interpersonal skills, and highly developed cultural sensitivity in communicating with all levels of staff and external clients, both orally and in writing;
- Willingness to cooperate with other staff in a team and contribute to a harmonious environment is essential;
- Experience working in an international setting and a multicultural environment an advantage; and
- Willingness to work overtime at short notice.
Candidates of all nationalities are welcome to apply. However, the compensation and benefits package for this positionwill be determined on the basis of a local recruitment.
Interestedcandidates,are requiredtosendanemailattaching theirCVanda letterof interest ina singlefile to: firstname.lastname@example.org
File name: “[last name], [first name]” (e.g. Peterson, Anna)
Subject line: “EventsCoordinatorConsultant”
Please indicateyourearliestavailability totake up theassignment,andtherequirednotice-periodif employed.
Closing date for applications is 22 February 2017 (KST). Applications submitted after the closing date may not be considered.
- Organization: GCF - Green Climate Fund
- Grade: International Consultant - Consultancy
- Closing Date: 2017-02-22