Senior Health Finance Advisor
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. URC focuses on finding ways to deliver proven approaches to health care problems, applying quality improvement (QI) methods and conducting operations research to tailor those approaches to various settings. Recognizing implementation barriers unique to each setting, we train local managers and service providers to strengthen health systems, integrate system elements, and bring improvements to scale.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Senior Health Finance Advisor will develop and implement programs to strengthen health financing mechanisms in both the public and private sector at the national and provincial levels.
- Direct and manage the health care financing areas of the project under the overall leadership of the COP;
- Provide training and technical assistance for the project in all areas of health care finance and health economics encompassing the design, implementation and evaluation of health insurance schemes and performance-based finance schemes, as well as cost-effectiveness and comparative effectiveness across programs, including pharmacoeconomics;
- Work directly with URC field staff, development partners and government officials in Myanmar to analyze and articulate strategies to improve resource allocation, purchasing and pooling mechanisms for insurance, as well as for other relevant health care financing areas;
- Conduct studies to build evidence for developing and implementing a national health financing policy;
- Provide advisory and analytical input on how to ensure optimal use of resources at federal, provincial and local levels, and other policy implementing agencies;
- Work with Project teams to identify best practices and the conditions under which existing resources are most effectively used to improve performance of health systems;
- Represent project at external technical events, including conferences, webinars and others events.
- A Master’s degree in health financing, health economics, public health or any related field; Doctoral Degree Preferred, may be substituted with significant professional experience;
- At least 8 years of experience in HSS
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategies, policy standards, protocols and guidelines;
- Recognition as a leader in the field of health systems strengthening, and health finance/health economics
- Deep understanding of costing in health programs/facilities, value for money, and results-based financing
- Knowledge and experience working on both demand and supply side health financing initiatives, ranging from private sector contracting, performance incentives and cost effectiveness, to community based health insurance, and demand side voucher schemes;
- Familiarity with global health financing mechanisms and universal health coverage;
- Ability to develop working relationships with counterparts in other agencies / organizations;
- Experience working in a multi-stakeholder consortium;
- Strong analytical skills and technical proficiency with MS Excel and Powerpoint, and statistical software (including SPSS, SAS, Stata or R).
- Strong English language skills, especially good oral and written communication skills.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers.
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
“Contingent on Contract Award”
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
- Organization: URC - University Research Company
- Location: Yangon
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Health service
- Closing Date: 2017-03-22