The IT Assistant will provide technical support required to maintain a standard level of service to DRC/DDG staff in the Kakuma field location, including implementing backup, network infrastructure, and optimizing the IT resources for efficient operation.
- Assist in performing software installations and support day-to-day systems operations
- Manage the computer lab at the DRC Youth Center in Kakuma Camp 4
- Configuration and setup of the LAN, ensuring the right standards are followed
- Upgrade hardware and software as needed
- Track software licenses in operation
- Setup efficient local and offsite backup
- Setup centralized anti-virus server and ensure automatic updates
- Perform preventive maintenance service on all IT equipment on a scheduled basis
- Perform general repairs on IT equipment and peripherals as needed
- Maintain an inventory schedule of all IT equipment and software in use; diagnose status and performance on a regular basis
- Maintain a record of all equipment received for repairs and maintenance
- Provide help desk and technical support to end users
- Provide simple guideline training to staff
- Proactively advocate for field office IT needs
- Work with IT management to develop, document and implement procedures and standards for field office based software, hardware, and network infrastructure
- Assist in Asset management
Skills & Qualifications:
- Diploma in Information Technology
- At least 3 years of experience working in an IT support environment preferably in an iNGO
- Strong, solid knowledge of network and communications technology, to include but, not limited to, server operating systems including both windows and Linux based OS, network architecture, IP based networks (voice and data), satellite communications, desktop solutions, email systems, etc.
- Knowledge of and competence in Microsoft operating systems and office suites
- High level of hardware/software trouble shooting experience
- Quick in learning new systems
- Able to work under harsh and extreme conditions, good judgment and problem solving skills Demonstrate a customer-focused, motivated and pro-active approach to work
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in spoken English and Kiswahili
- Strong planning, organization and problem solving skills with ability to work hands-on, independently, and within team in a difficult work environment
- Ability to work with and manage outside vendors (hardware, software, services, IPS’s, Telecommunications, etc.)
Reports to: Finance and Admin Coordinator
Posting details: This is a local position; as such, the candidate is responsible for their own accommodation.
Commitments: DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability committments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework (http://www.drc.dk/HAF.4265.0.html)
All DRC staff must be committed to the Red Cross Code of Conduct, as well as Core Humanitarian Standards.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications which should include a 1-page cover letter clearly stating their motivation and qualifications and a CV. Applications should include contact details of three professional referees who have supervised the candidate in the last five years. One referee must be the applicant’s most recent manager. Only applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered. Applications should be sent no later than: 23rd February, 2017.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Danish Refugee Council does not charge any kind of fee at any stage of the recruitment process nor does it use recruitment agents
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Kakuma
- Grade: Services and Support - Administrative support
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2017-02-23