Reporting to: ACD Systems ( Based in Antakya, Turkey)
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2012, responding to the acute needs of conflict affected communities. GOAL is working in Idlib Governorate, in close coordination with local partners, delivering food, non-food and cash voucher programming to highly vulnerable populations, and has expanded programme sectors to include the provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) to those most in need.
To support the effective operation of the GOAL Syria Procurement Department by coordinating all local, national and international procurement ensuring that all procurement is conducted in accordance with GOAL Logistics policies and procedures, relevant donor requirements, and in the spirit of obtaining best Value for Money (VFM).
Duties, objectives and competencies:
- Assist the ACDS (Assistant Country Director Systems) to ensure that procurement and logistics considerations are integrated in overall programme planning, ensuring that adequate information and resources are available for realistic budgeting and planning,
- Assist Programme Coordinators in developing procurement plans and monitoring spend vs budget
- Carry out trainings for all staff on procurement and logistics as necessary and appropriate
- Participate in Grant Management Meetings ensuring there is full update/information on Procurement for each grant
- Ensure that all procurement procedures are effectively followed in compliance with the GOAL Logistics Manual and relevant donor requirements; both in Turkey and inside Syria.
- Manage procurement staff, distributing tasks according to specialist areas, monitoring performance and providing on-going training in roles and procedures;
- Check and approve procurement paperwork prepared by relevant procurement staff;
- Manage the set up and maintenance of all procurement filing, electronic and hardcopy, and ensure that files are complete, correct and include all relevant documentation to meet audit requirements;
- Organise regular local market surveys and ensure the Vendor Roster and other supplier information is kept up-to-date and referenced during the procurement process as appropriate;
- Maintain costing data to enable budget holders have easy access to prices for budget formulation;
- Implement improved systems and procedures for procurement as agreed with the ACDS;
- Review and address issues related to procurement procedures that arise from internal audits and reviews;
- Perform regional procurement, manage International tenders for high value procurements, in line with GOAL Logistics procedures.
- Coordinate international procurement and orders with HQ Logistics Officer responsible for GOAL Syria
- Liaise closely with the procurement team to ensure that the GOAL Syria Order Tracking System (OTS) is updated by all procurement staff on a daily basis, and that the report is available to all budget holders on an ongoing basis;
- Ensure that all comments on delays in procurement or approvals, special procurement requirements, or other relevant information are updated onto the OTS on a daily basis; and communicated to budget holders, requestors and relevant staff;
- Ensure the contract database is kept up to date and available to relevant staff.
- Ensure that all asset information is obtained at procurement and provided to the logistics staff for fixed asset register management
- Prepare a weekly Procurement Report,
- Contribute to Donor Reports and finance reports or information as needed,
- Contribute to HQ reports as required,
- Ensure that the monthly funds forecast is shared with Finance as requested
Human Resource Management:
- Ensure that personnel involved in purchasing are adequately trained for their roles and are aware of their responsibilities, including staff inside Syria.
- Manage performance evaluations for procurement personnel;
- Manage annual leave of procurement staff and ensure that there are sufficient procurement staff on duty at any given time to avoid interruption to operations.
- Provide induction briefings on procurement to all new personnel; perform training of all staff as needed.
- Any other relevant duties as directed by the ACD Systems
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in areas such as procurement, logistics, office/business administration in any sector;
- At least 2 years proven management experience;
- Previous work experience in procurement with an International Humanitarian NGO,
- Committed team player and ability to work within a multicultural team;
- Track record of implementing organisational and donor policies in a restrictive environment;
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft packages, including Excel, Word, and Outlook (particular emphasis on Excel);
- Ability to manage and prioritise a varied workload in a in a dynamic work environment, sometimes under difficult conditions;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Committed to GOAL values, and to reflecting the vision and values of GOAL with team members, other staff, and external contacts;
- Ability to write, speak and work in English.
- Degree in Business, Accounting and/or equivalent years practical work experience in a relevant field.
- Previous experience with Remote/Distance Management; and
- Arabic or Turkish language skills preferred but not necessary.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
- Organization: GOAL
- Location: Dublin
- Grade: Mid level
- Closing Date: 2017-03-03